XXX UPDATE

WHIPKRAKR

Registered
Here is the latest report from the Better Business Bureau.

COMPLAINT ACTIVITY REPORT Case # 44045181 Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin

Consumer Info: Lowe, Sam Business Info: XXX Chrome Plating
16215 Waynesfield Road 2117 West Mill Road
Waynesfield, OH 45896 Milwaukee, WI 53209
- 419 296-5885 414 839-9598

Activity
Date Activity Description
05/02/2008 Received Consumer Rebuttal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
NO SUCH OFFER HAS BEEN MADE!!! WE WILL PROVIDE PHONE AND EMAIL RECORDS TO PROVE THEY HAVE NEVER RESPONDED. THE ONLY RESPONSE HAS BEEN EMPTY PROMISES ONLINE, REPEATEDLY SAYING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO FIX THE SITUATION WITHOUT EVER MAKING ANY ATTEMPT TO DO SO.

WE ALSO HAVE NUMEROUS PROFESSIONAL PAINTERS THAT WILL PROVIDE TESTIMONY OR WRITTEN PROOF THAT THE CHROME PAINT JOB WAS NOT CORRECTLY DONE.

NO SLANDEROUS COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE - THE FACTS HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC, NO MORE!

IN NO WAY, DID I EVER POST CRAIGLIST ADS!!!

IF BEING BELLIGERENT MEANS NOT TOLERATING THE VERY POOR CHROME JOB THAT WAS DONE, THEN YES I AM VERY BELLIGERENT. THE JOB THAT WAS DONE WAS UNACCEPTABLE AND EMBARASSING!!!!!!!!!

I REPEAT, NO ATTEMPT HAS EVER BEEN MADE TO CALL OR EMAIL ME BACK. THEY OPENLY ADMITTED TO RECIEVING MY VOICEMAIL, AND THAT THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK BUT NEVER DID.

THIS BUSINESS HAS IN NO WAY BEEN PROFESSIONAL - UNANSWERED PHONE CALLS, UNANSWERED EMAILS, PEELING CHROME, SLANDERING ME AS A CUSTOMER.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE HEARD THAT SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT WITH THE BIKE. THAT COMMENT HAS BEEN MADE WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION. LIKE I SAID, WE HAVE SEVERAL PAINTERS THAT WILL VERIFY THAT THE BIKE WAS NOT PROPERLY PREPPED AND PAINTED. TO EVEN HINT THAT IS SOMETHING WE'VE DONE SHOWS THE CHARACTER THIS COMPANY HAS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05/02/2008 Forward Business response to Consumer CLT.cf.rtf
05/01/2008 More info received from the business
To date we estimate that we have lost $20,000 - $30,000 in business because of Mr. Lowe. We have had numerous customers tell us about the Craigslist and forum. Many potential customers have contacted us conflicted about doing business with us based on the Craigslist posting alone. The word of mouth goes beyond this and will have a long term affect. Mr. Lowes' actions continue to speak to the fact that he wants to damage our business and collect money for something that we offered as a nice gesture to the extremebusa forum members and all while we have made multiple attempts at coming to an amicable place for all involved.

This is a sample of the things we are dealing with thanks to Mr. Lowe - Craigslist Posting (they are posted throughout Craigslist cities):

XXX CHROME PLATING (Glendale)

Reply to: serv-628891550@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-03, 12:09PM CDT

If you're looking for a crappy chrome job with really poor customer service XXX is your shop! Here are just a few of the services they provide: unanswered phone calls, ignored emails, snotty customer service and to top it off a rippled, chipping, flaking chrome job. Don't expect a lot from these guys except a looonnngg wait, high prices and very short lifespan on their work. And hey if you like your personal information and credit card number prominently displayed on their office walls they offer that as well.

------------------------------------

This is not only slanderous but deceitful in nature. We will not be bullied or threatened into compensating someone with cash.

It is unfortunate that this couldn't have been handled in a better manner. We have been nasty? All communications on the forum and with other individuals speak to the contrary. To continue to bash our company in the ways that Sam and his wife have doesn't speak to a wish for them to rectify the situation amicably. I have been in the business of customizing motorcycles and cars for most of my life and my credibilty is all I have. XXX Chrome Plating has gained its success through word of mouth. Our business has received many awards and accolades at shows, from publications and most importantly from our customers. We appreciate our customers and aim at all cost to make sure that they are happy but will I not tolerate the continued belligerance at no benefit to anyone.

, all looked okay. Then I see it, around Brendans tank pins, chrome is flaking off.

Front cowling? It's starting to flake around the mirrors and also has the clear coat bubbles.

So tally it up. 3 round trips, fuel per trip $300. New mirrors and tail light, $250. New paint to fix their fukkup, unknown as of yet. 6 months w/out bike, cant really put a dollar figure on this but it's gotta be up there pretty high cuz I missed her pretty bad.

So yeah, I'm pretty much fukked. Hey XXX, how's this for your fukking advertisement you so badly wanted. FUKKIN AZZHATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----
This is how we were notified of the issues. Issues we have never experience with any other customer. This was emailed to at least 10 other individuals. What he is describing is NOT indicative of our work and directly attacks our credibility. The fact that we even attempted to rectify this with this gentleman after this and the pages of slanderous comments that followed is a credit to our company and our professionalism.

We receive comments and correspondence from clients all the time that are the complete opposite of this and can provide you with contact information so that you are clear on our work and our business practices.

Mr. Lowe's email that was our first notification of issues:

So most know how screwed up my bike is thanks to XXX chrome plating. Well my plan was to just replace the mirrors they screwed up and live w/ the rest of it until I could afford to get it repainted. That all went down the shidder this morning. I went out to the shop this morning after work to start tearing some parts down. Needed to take the tail section off so I could get the fitment right for the new undertail(it's not drilled for pushpins yet). Also, I need to relocate the alarm siren because the new undertail is longer than the old one causing fitment issues. No big deal. That's what I thought on the drive home from work anyway. Get into the shop and the chrome on the mirror is now half off instead of the dime size flake that I showed in the pic in the other thread. Whatever. Getting new mirrors anyway. Took the tail section off. The underneath is totally fukked.(I'll have pix later) Partially not chromed, globs of chrome in other spots, no clear coat, too much clear coat in other spots. Looks like azz. Fukkin livid. Got it on the workbench and started looking at the rest of it and find places where the chrome is flaking off of it too. So, its a fine time to closely inspect the rest of the bike. Yeah, you see it comin dont ya?? Do ya? Do ya see the fukkin? Both side fairings, clear coat is bubbled up and gettin ready to peel. Found LARGE smears(finger?) in the blue. Looked at the fuel tank,

It is obvious from the picture that Mr. Lowe has obviously done something to the bike for it to have the damage that it does. It was at the person who picked it up here for at least 2 days with no issues. He also took pictures. It must also be noted that Mr. Lowe came to pick up the bike with an open trailer on the day of a 10inch snow storm and it was suggested that he get a UHaul trailer and a hotel so that the he, his wife and the bike returned safely to Indiana. We didn't tell him that the he HAD to do that. He left telling me he'd do that and never returned. Instead he texted messaged me that Scott would be picking it up. Regardless, I stand by our work and have offered to pick the bike up in an enclosed trailer and redo the job and return the bike at no cost to Mr. Lowe. At this point it is clear to me that he wants money. It must also be noted that he attempted to dispute $332 in additional hard chromed parts he decided to purchase near the end of the transaction. That was for front and rear pegs assembles. In addition, I provided him with the front caliper ($150) and the rear caliper ($150) for free +labor installed. He then wanted to purchase the front right for $150, so he was invoiced via Paypal for that. He has yet to pay for that. He was also given a 2 color chrome with logo upgrade for free. He therefore still owes $150 a core set of front calipers since those were exchange prices. Mr. Lowe's email, posts online and throughout Craiglist and now BBB has cost me.

05/01/2008 Receive Business Response
Contact Name and Title: Kevin Mullner - Owner
Contact Phone: 414-839-9398
Contact Email: kevin@xxxplating.com
Thank you for your interest in settling this situation in a way that is amicable for all parties. My wife and I have attempted to rectify this issue with Mr. Lowe multiple times and through multiple individuals in a professional manner. His phone was immediately disconnected after his bike was picked up from his friend. After getting a new number for him, we arranged a call time to discuss the matter only to have him post in a forum slanderous remarks. He has been belligerant since receiving his bike. In fact, he never phoned us to tell us about the issues he is alleging occurred with his bike. We were notified via a slanderous email he copied multiple individuals on. He has posted in many cities throughout Craigslist and forums slandering my business, me and my wife to the point of threats to my business and my person. I will not tolerate that. He has been notified of how we would rectify the situation and refuses to take advantage of that. He and his wife have posted comments online to that affect.

We have hosted pictures of what the bike looked like when it was picked up by one of the local extremebusa.com forum members here: http://www.xxxplating.com/samsbike.html
These are the pictures just days later that Sam posted online: http://www.xxxplating.com/samspics.html
Having seen and evaluated these pictures, something is NOT right here. XXX Chrome Plating has been in business for 5 years next month. I stand by our work and have offered to pick the bike up and redo

04/22/2008 More info received from the consumer
We have not been contacted by XXX Chrome in any way. No response to email or message left for Kevin Mullner. Not one word!! They have refused to admit fault and make this right! We are happy to provide any supporting evidence necessary - pictures, phone records, etc. Thank you

04/22/2008 Second Notice to Business
04/22/2008 Consumer - Have You Heard From the Company
04/22/2008 No response to first notice to business
04/07/2008 Inform Business of Complaint
04/07/2008 Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
04/07/2008 Complaint Validated by BBB Operator
04/03/2008 Complaint Received by BBB

This is kind of hard to read - sorry

Holy Fiasco. Well, the fact remains. The finish came apart. If they have to worry about some snow, they need to
re-evaluate their curing process and time to completely cure a bike so it's weather-able.
Have you found other people who have had the same issues with XXX chrome plating? If not, perhaps this
was an isolated circumstance of a complete paint failure. These things do happen from time to time.
Whenever I have issues with any business for any reason, I start the immediate documentation process including phone calls, emails,
all that. Let a judge sort it out.

So i'm lost, is XXX trying to say that you guys are the problem and YOU mad the bike peel
rock.gif

so they lost 20-30k worth of business (probably more) instead of getting Sam some plastics and a tank and maybe some mirrors?? doesn`t make good business sense to me? not real smart XXX

XXX You don`t really expect anyone to believe after waiting 6 months for his bike and right before riding season Sam(or anyone) would do this to his bike on purpose so they couldn`t go riding?
and the excuse that it was too cold outside for the chrome job is stupid because you had the bike for 6 months and it should have cured for at least 3 months before it was picked up if you didn`t put him on the backburner .bottom line is you did a bad job(it happens)but didn`t own up to it or go out of your way to make it right...alright i`m done!!

so they lost 20-30k worth of business (probably more) instead of getting Sam some plastics and a tank and maybe some mirrors?? doesn`t make good business sense to me? not real smart XXX

XXX You don`t really expect anyone to believe after waiting 6 months for his bike and right before riding season Sam(or anyone) would do this to his bike on purpose so they couldn`t go riding?
and the excuse that it was too cold outside for the chrome job is stupid because you had the bike for 6 months and it should have cured for at least 3 months before it was picked up if you didn`t put him on the backburner .bottom line is you did a bad job(it happens)but didn`t own up to it or go out of your way to make it right...alright i`m done!!
Yes, I hauled it on an open trailer. Temps were in the lower 40's. No snow, no rain. The snow storm he's talking about was from the week prior when I made a trip up just to be sent home empty handed. If it cant take a ride on the trailer w/ max speeds of 70mph, how do ya think it would have handled a top end run?? My fault? Who would do that to their bike? The mirrors were done in November. Have an email from XXX dated November 20 with a pic of the mirrors chromed. That should have been plenty of time to cure. Okay, I'm done
deadhorse.gif

I just met up with a buddy of mine here in wichita , i seen his bike for the first time. 1000 gsxr, it has some fairing part that have been chromed. all of which seem to to have been starting to peel and blow off from the wind . i asked him where did he get those done, guess what he replied to me

I just met up with a buddy of mine here in wichita , i seen his bike for the first time. 1000 gsxr, it has some fairing part that have been chromed. all of which seem to to have been starting to peel and blow off from the wind . i asked him where did he get those done, guess what he replied to me
Your buddy and Sam need to share info.

Wow Sam, I can't believe they are taking the stance that they are on this. These people are scum, bottom of the barrel. Then they try putting it on you. Sad. Pi$$ poor practice. You would have figured they would have gone out of their way to make this bike look the best it could. Considering your a well known member on a few forums.

I still tell everyone I know and even got a local shop to use someone else after all this word of mouth.

I wonder how eager another shop will be to , "Clean Up", someone else's mess?

Difficult, I expect.

It sure would be nice to this get resolved aimeablely.
I wouldn't want to put money on it though.
lurk.gif

saying that Sam had anything to do with this chrome falling off is rediculous-the type of peeling the chrome did in the pictures shows that it dissolved from the inside, OUT-it was not scraped off or chipped off-it bubbled up (and I did notice signs of this when I picked it up for Sam-we looked it over before he left my place with it on Sunday...it wasnt half as bad then, but it wasnt perfect either; and Sam made it clear he was taking the bike home with the intention of RIDING his bike-not destroying it, only to spend countless more months without a bike to ride as a result. That line of thinking is just retarded
guns.gif
)

If i was worried about losing $30k worth of business, I'd drop $5k to have new plastics bought, painted, and shipped to Sam by ANYBODY-before losing that other $25k....but Im just some silly j@ck@$$ who likes to make money alla time
firedevil.gif

Back