XXX 128 unleaded fuel

TrackRat

Registered
I wanted to see what all the hype was about XXX128. I got my hands on some to try. It was free so I had to. I put it in and as soon as the cam 2 got out of the system I could tell the bike ran different. I added about 10% more fuel across the board in the map and it was still a bit lean at 12.3. So I added an additional 5% and it got me in the high 11's. The bike made 22 more hp at the same boost level 15psi. I used more fuel in the run also. So it's kind of a give and take. You make more power but you also use more fuel. I bought 15 gallons of it to get me through the next couple months :laugh:Treat this stuff like gold though --it aint cheap. That means no sharing fuel this year:whistle:

Just wanted to share my experience with it just in case some one wanted to try it and was on the fence.

Last edited:
i am debating on using XXX E-138
its even higher in oxy and the octane rating is above 120 (also unleaded)
its supposed to be some pretty awesome stuff

I was told oxygenated fuel will eat your stock tank if left in...any truth to it?

XXX is suppose to be the "liberal" gas, greener, less harmful, reduced emissions, make more HP, not suppose to eat up your fuel system. I know sebastian at NLR made a comparison with it vs. C16 and it made 25 more HP at the same boost levels. He still is running C16 so maybe there is a reason behind it. The XXX fuel looks promising and pretty cool except for being alot more $$ than VP, not being available locally for the majority of people

I remember when nutec came out there was a big rave about it. They're gone now. These smaller companies marketing these "new fuels" kinda scare me off. There's more than likely a reason why VP or Sunoco or shell don't market these under their own name.

Just keep checking your tank, fuel system, valves, etc and keep us posted on your season. :beerchug: Do you flush your system after each race weekend?

XXX is suppose to be the "liberal" gas, greener, less harmful, reduced emissions, make more HP, not suppose to eat up your fuel system. I know sebastian at NLR made a comparison with it vs. C16 and it made 25 more HP at the same boost levels. He still is running C16 so maybe there is a reason behind it. The XXX fuel looks promising and pretty cool except for being alot more $$ than VP, not being available locally for the majority of people
he did that at 6 pounds of boost, so 6 pounds and 25 hp is a lot of gains in power
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I remember when nutec came out there was a big rave about it. They're gone now. These smaller companies marketing these "new fuels" kinda scare me off. There's more than likely a reason why VP or Sunoco or shell don't market these under their own name.

Just keep checking your tank, fuel system, valves, etc and keep us posted on your season. :beerchug: Do you flush your system after each race weekend?

From what I'm told by the sales rep it does not need to be drained after each race. My tank only holds a gallon of fuel so it really does not hurt me to drain it back into the can and cap it off. I think the fuel is great. The availibilty is going to get better the more suppliers start to carry it. I have found that no race fuel is cheap and you get different opinions from everyone. I just like how I gained HP without turning up the boost anymore. Keep in mind that the tune is quite different. So you can't just poor it in and go racing.

Does it make a difference on the track? Is anybody going faster?

I can't give you any track data. I have made alot of changes over the winter and this was one of them. Maybe someone else can give you a before and after. All I have is a HP gain to share :beerchug:

Fellas I found 8 more HP in the map today. I smoked the motor last week when the throttle got stuck . I lost a couple rods and a crank. I got it put back together Two days ago and went back to the dyno to make sure every thing was ok. Played with the map and got a little more HP.:laugh:

I think Im done. Now I need to learn how to ride it again. I like this fuel But man is it expensive and the bike burns alot of it when I boost

Back