Xbox Games?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Sooooo, apparently we got an Xbox 360/Kinect combo for the 'family' gift this year. Apparently not many remaining out there but got thru AAFES online for a good price no tax free shipping.

Looking for a few game recommendations. Remember I have a 9 Year Old Daughter.

Thanks!

darn I completely forgot about AAFES when I was shopping for mine. :banghead: Ever since the Monmouth base in NJ has been almost completely shutdown I've lost sight of that store.

Sorry don't have any game recomendations.

OMG, I bought the 360 for my daughters and ended up buying the steering wheel and pedal set (actually 2 sets) and now I'm a race car driver! The game I bought is Forza 3....I have raced on every track from Laguna Seca to Nurinburg Ring. I must say that I actually have been on Laguna Seca many times, enough to know the feel of all the turns, and it's amazing how Forza 3 has accurately replicated the track feel. BTW, sorry, there are many great games for your daughter but I don't know which ones to suggest. Raydog

I have a 360, but I'm unsure which older games are or will be compatable with Kinect. As far as I know there are only a few Kinect games availble specifically to go with it so far.
There are 2 sports games, one with 5 seperate games on it, and one with 10. Probably the games you've seen on Kinect commercials. There's also Harry Potter, and a dance game. All 4 seem like a 9 year girl would like them, but only you really know that. There's also a football game if you like that...seems like it would be too much work though, my fingers like to tap buttons.

Last edited:
I bought a Kinect last week then injured my shoulder the next day (not related to the Kinect purchase). That means I have not had a chance to test it. The Kinect adventure and Kinect sports have been getting mid rate reviews. Keep in mind the reviews have already seen ping pong and soccer on the Wii. I find the games to be more challenging. You need to swing at the right time and in the right place instead of just flicking the Wii-mote at the right time.

The dance game has been getting good reviews because it his truly a full body game. You can play the demo on the Kinect Adventure there is bonus content on the lower left side of the title screen.

When your daughter is not around you should try the demos and see if you want her dancing the way the game shows.

I suggest you set up the Kinect (figure out where you are going to place the sensor and where you are going to need move the couch) the set up takes about 5 minutes and you need the room to be quite while the audio configures. Take the time to use the supplied calibration card to fine tune the sensor.

Then put the Kinect back in the box and let her open it on Christmas. When you plug the Kinect in the back of the Xbox it will recognize the sensor and realize it has already been set up and you are good to go.:cheerleader::thumbsup:

Send me a pm if you need help setting it up, I am a big enough geek to help over the phone.

I bought a Kinect last week then injured my shoulder the next day (not related to the Kinect purchase). That means I have not had a chance to test it. The Kinect adventure and Kinect sports have been getting mid rate reviews. Keep in mind the reviews have already seen ping pong and soccer on the Wii. I find the games to be more challenging. You need to swing at the right time and in the right place instead of just flicking the Wii-mote at the right time.

The dance game has been getting good reviews because it his truly a full body game. You can play the demo on the Kinect Adventure there is bonus content on the lower left side of the title screen.

When your daughter is not around you should try the demos and see if you want her dancing the way the game shows.

I suggest you set up the Kinect (figure out where you are going to place the sensor and where you are going to need move the couch) the set up takes about 5 minutes and you need the room to be quite while the audio configures. Take the time to use the supplied calibration card to fine tune the sensor.

Then put the Kinect back in the box and let her open it on Christmas. When you plug the Kinect in the back of the Xbox it will recognize the sensor and realize it has already been set up and you are good to go.:cheerleader::thumbsup:

Send me a pm if you need help setting it up, I am a big enough geek to help over the phone.

Maybe you can help me then:laugh: I've been playing World at War with my friend on his 360 for a long time now, so I finally bought it the other day.
Anymore I just want to play the Nazi Zombies after you beat the game, I really don't want to play through the game on my 360 if I don't have to.
We loaded his profile from the memory card, but you can only move the profile between memory card and hard drive, you can't copy it.:banghead:
I cancelled my 360 online a while ago from lack of use, so it hasn't had an update in a long time. Is there any way around this?

Just re-read you post. If this is your first X-box there is a lot you can do if you hook it up to the internet via high speed access (at least 5 mega bit connection to stay on line). There is down loadable content and you can stream movies over netflix.

I would suggest Bioshock, but not for your daughter. And only if you like shooters. It's an amazing story on top of being a great game.

Just re-read you post. If this is your first X-box there is a lot you can do if you hook it up to the internet via high speed access (at least 5 mega bit connection to stay on line). There is down loadable content and you can stream movies over netflix.

No, I've been around them since they were released. I just want to know is there any way to copy a profile? I can only play 1 profile on 1 360 at a time, it can only be moved around and not shared. Seems like they'de of fixed that by now, or have they and I'm missing something?

Isnt Burger King giving them away?

Ok now I just made myself hungry???

I need a Whopper:rofl:

Bastids:laugh:

Thats ok if I need one ill stop by Keith's house and grab it...:laugh::poke:

No, I've been around them since they were released. I just want to know is there any way to copy a profile? I can only play 1 profile on 1 360 at a time, it can only be moved around and not shared. Seems like they'de of fixed that by now, or have they and I'm missing something?

That post was for sky diver.

You are right you can not share a profile it can only exist on on xbox at a time. The fix you are talking about allows you to move the profile via memory card or usb storgare device in stead of recovering it though xbox live (that was always a pain).
send me a pm I really don't want to jack the thread.

A friend of mine got the same combo and he has some younger daughters. They seem to love the Dance Central game and the sports one was pretty good too. They enjoyed playing soccer, ping pong, track and field etc. I must admit, I had a pretty good time playing them too.

I have also heard good things about Kinectimals. It is basically like those old tamagachies and other online games where you have a pet, but you get to interact with it via the kinect.

A game I would recommend for you is Fighters Uncaged. The reviews are kind of neutral, but it is a ton of fun.

OMG, I bought the 360 for my daughters and ended up buying the steering wheel and pedal set (actually 2 sets) and now I'm a race car driver! The game I bought is Forza 3....I have raced on every track from Laguna Seca to Nurinburg Ring. I must say that I actually have been on Laguna Seca many times, enough to know the feel of all the turns, and it's amazing how Forza 3 has accurately replicated the track feel. BTW, sorry, there are many great games for your daughter but I don't know which ones to suggest. Raydog

Did it help you ride the track better? If so, do they have a map of Barber? :laugh:

Thx for advice...

Back