xbox 360 is poop

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I had an original xbox...thing went almost a year and fortunately for me, within a week of my warrantee expiring it totally bit the dust.

This christmas, girlfriends daughter gets a halo version xbox 360...thing is POS.

You could play it for 1-2 hours then it would lock up, now it's gotten so bad...it will hardly boot up.

She's been researching on the internet, message boards etc, and her problems are apparently not very unique.

Barely 3 months old  
wtf.gif

I'm in Quality and I realize zero defect rate is impossible but come on...I think microsoft opperates and accepts a truely unacceptable defect level.

Conversely I been flogging the hell out of my PS3, games, Blu-ray movies, all movies for that matter, online downloads, for about a year and half flawlessly.

If you got an xbox 360 and have no problems, count your blessings and keep your fingers crossed.

You do know that if you call 1-800-4my-xbox they will fix it for free with a new warranty huh? Is the light ring showing 3 red lights? I have to take up for microsoft on that one. They could have left their customers hanging high and dry but instead they chose to fix each and every xbox for free costing them billions of dollars. GO MICROSOFT!!!

No I disagree, it's No GO microsoft.

Their product is such a POS they have to set up freebe fix it lines to keep the uproar to minimum.

Either the design is flawed or the quality control is not up to par, eiher way these units should not
have left out their doors period.

It's also not about spending hard earned money and then sticking it in the mail for weeks waiting for a repair that you hope you wont have to repeat.

I have a PS1 that still works great. Dont have many games, but love it. I got my nephews a PS3 for their birthday last month that thing rocks. I think they have a X Box also but never play it

BTW - you said it yourself...."spending billions of dollars to fix them".

Think about that for a minute, and you want to give them kudos for it?

Build a quality product first and service will take care of itself.

Do you think Honda spends billions of dollars fixing their motorcycles?

I have an Xbox 360 and no problems thus far, played Guitar Hero for a good 3 hours today nonstop (Jesus it's hard on Expert!) but have 2 friends that both got the "Ring of Death" and had to send their systems in to get fixed for no cost..

Im enjoying it while it lasts, sorry for your misfortune!

They come with a 1 year manufacters warranty, if you have a receipt bestbuy will let you exchange it for the same thing. I know this because I was customer service supervisor for 2 years.

Also had three of four lights in ring lit up.Called the number(no receit)and they sent a box,prepaid,for me to send it to them in.Ten days later my son had it back at no charge and has worked flawlessly ever since.Thumbs up to custumer servise!

I just got a 360 last month. The other night I played Halo 3 for 7 hours stright! I have the extra cooling fans, maybe thats what keeping it going.

The reason behind the crappy product was b/c Microsoft had to push the 360 as quick as possible and that meant allowing 3 companies place their dvd drive. One company did it wrong. So for simplicity, if Microsoft sold 30 million 360's then 10 million of them are deffective. Keep in mind they sold WAY MORE than 30 million. WAY TO BILL GATES!!!
guns.gif

We've got a couple 360s a regular xbox as well as a PS2 (got it around the same time as the xbox) and the PS2 has had to go back twice for repairs and the standard xbox once.

FYI Rainbow Six Vegas2 is a LOT of fun.

Back