x-tre install?

drnick

Registered
Is there a tutorial for installation of x-tre on a 2008 busa? has this been pinned? THX

Last edited:
I just put one on my 2004 this week, remove front seat raise gas tank and unplug the connector. I dont know how different the 2008 would be.

It is on left side when you are sitting on bike. Raise seat and tank as stated and hook it up. There is only one connector that it will fit on that side.
Posted via Mobile Device

i can take pics if you need them .

i have heal-tech xtre installed on my 09

Thanks Blanca,if this is such a popular mod,how come its not pinned???
or is it so simple to install on the '08/09's that its not worthy of pinning:laugh:
I digress...pics would be nice...but I'd be happy with a simple"Walk through":laugh: THX Dr.N

Thanks Blanca,if this is such a popular mod,how come its not pinned???
or is it so simple to install on the '08/09's that its not worthy of pinning:laugh:
I digress...pics would be nice...but I'd be happy with a simple"Walk through":laugh: THX Dr.N

Pics I can do but walk thru no.
It was installed by the shop I go to.

The word TRE/XTRE here cause great commotion.
It is still a 50/50 arguement if you ask me .
Every thread regarding is a complete runaround in circles.
Some say no way others say yes way.

Tuners chime in with their opinions but not one has produced a single dyno sheet from ONE BIKE where they show before and after gains or losses.
I want one of you tuners to take a bike and in an unbiased mindset dyno it. Then install XTRE and dyno it.
Lets see the proof.
Good or bad.
None have done.
None.

So to me its still up in the air.
Lots of opinions but no clear cut proof good or bad.
Thats why it is such a convo starter here.
They even have a smiley for it its so popular.
:tre:

I think link Pashnit posted has a walkthru for you.
I'll take some pics for you as I'm gonna put bike outside and give her a wash in a bit.

Thanks Blanca,I didn't realize that x-tre was so controversial:laugh:..Iv'e read some of the post about it,and my head started to spin:laugh:...you need an MIT degree to figure out what the damn thing does:rofl: DR.N

I did have my bike on a dyno with a Ivans TRE on and off...there was some proof that the power came on earlier on the dyno graph ( not any more power ). When I rode the bike there I had the TRE ( borrowed it from a friend to test it ) on and you could feel a snappier throttle response. I had it off for the ride home and could tell a difference, the bike being less responsive... I do not have one on my bike now mainly because there are some good points why it shouldn't be on.

why not get the boostbysmith derestrictor, that way you can run your stock set up and with a flip of a switch u can run 6th gear to the top with out the soft cut out? and not run the 4th gear map the entire time

Back