X-tre

Kainedogg

Registered
I am really on the fence about the X-Tre and would like to here from a few members before I plunk down $200 for two of them. Read the site and liked what I saw...great. Now who the hell on here has one installed and is willing to give a fairly unbiased, concise review.

I am really on the fence about the X-Tre and would like to here from a few members before I plunk down $200 for two of them. Read the site and liked what I saw...great. Now who the hell on here has one installed and is willing to give a fairly unbiased, concise review.
save your money.

wee

X-tre a timing retarder ??? Damn, I thought it was a promotional offer for a Xmas tree for this coming holiday. :rofl: Oh well guess I'll spend $200 on gas and have a great time.

GIPro is another one that is supposed to be a very good one, reads gear off the GPS but also has an advanced TRE in it. Ebay:Ball Z Motorsports

Smithabusa makes one you can switch on and off, mine works great and only cost me twenty bucks.:cheerleader::banana::cheerleader:

Thanks :) My site seems to be down but i have pics on there when it comes back up www.boostbysmith.com/highgain.html

does 1N23455 with switch on, 1N23456 with switch off.

$25 shipped to your door.

I personally dont believe in TRE's and feel you are killing what Suzuki Engineers spent a lot of time tuning (gear based timing and fuel maps). By tossing the ECU in 5th gear all the time you are stuck with 5th gear fueling maps.

Installed mine a couple days ago :Works great !

Smithbusa has my Interest. Now tell me what you mean by great. Is it great because it shows the proprer gears as it said it would? Is it great because the bike feels faster? Is it great because you actually took the bike past 187 and it kept on pulling like a beast?

I've had mine on my new K8 for about 500 miles. I really can't say if it's good or not because I installed it at the same time that I reached the 1000 mile break in point. I don't know if it's the XTRE or the fact that I'm allowed to go to redline (probably a combination of the two) but I LOVE THIS BIKE. I love taking second and third gears to redline and find myself staying in third a lot. This is where the XTRE should be felt and all I know is something is making it really feel great. As far as functioning the way it should with displaying the gears - absolutely no problems. By the way, I got mine from Pashnit and I got great service.

The only reason for the high gain mod is if you want to go past the governor in 6th gear, gear indicator reads 1N23455 with switch armed, and stock (1N23456) with switch off.

Easy, cheap, super easy to install.

There are a lot of believers in 5th gear timing and fuel maps all the time (TRE), i am not one of them.

Greg

Smithabusa if install this on my 08 when the switch is on i can go past 186 in 6th but it will show 5th on my gear indicator. but when its off it will show 1n23456.

Gotcha....but just to be clear it only sends 5th gear in 5th and 6th

With switch on indicator and ecu will look like 1N23455

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I say GREAT because for the price, and it does the 1n23456 with sw. off or 1n23455 with sw. on. No 5th gear map all the time, I to don't like having my bike run in 5th gear map all the time. I don't think that Suzuki spent millions designing maps and engine management systems just to have somebody come up with something to cancel it out. Great because I'm doing for $20 what some are spending 5 times as much for. It's all in what you want and believe in.:thumbsup:

Back