Wow $400????

is the 400 for you to ride in and ride out?

It's much cheaper if you're strictly handing someone the forks only.

There are several DIY tutorials on here, and it's actually quite easy to do. You obviously need a front stand that lifts under the triple clamp, and an impact wrench helps to get the bottom nut off. Seals are usually under $40, and you need 3 quarts of oil, as each fork will hold just over one.

You can download the service manual here too and just follow the steps shown.

Wow thats a hefty price for just seals replaced ! Stop wearing that bright orange shirt when you go there , cause they saw you coming ! :poke:

I just got quoted about 412 bucks to completely rebuild my forks, new oil, new heavier springs, new seals, and have the front and rear sprung for my weight. That's ride in hang out for a bit, and drive it home.

100 dollar quote to do just the seals on my cruiser.

Dang, I paid about $225 for my last set. Did you not ask before hand?

I just called to get a quote I never even went in

is the 400 for you to ride in and ride out?

It's much cheaper if you're strictly handing someone the forks only.

yes, I thought about that but taking them off seems like the hard part to me, they wanted $200 plus parts if I brought them the forks.

There are several DIY tutorials on here, and it's actually quite easy to do. You obviously need a front stand that lifts under the triple clamp, and an impact wrench helps to get the bottom nut off. Seals are usually under $40, and you need 3 quarts of oil, as each fork will hold just over one.

You can download the service manual here too and just follow the steps shown.

I have the service manual and a front and rear stand but how would it hook up to the triple clamp?

Wow thats a hefty price for just seals replaced ! Stop wearing that bright orange shirt when you go there , cause they saw you coming ! :poke:

Yea I thought that was outrageous!

So the front stand you have then lifts under the bottoms of the forks? There are 2 main kinds. Once it's up and the wheel is off, there are just 4 bolts per side to loosen for each fork to slide out.
This is the kind of stand you need.

busa-headstock.jpg

So the front stand you have then lifts under the bottoms of the forks? There are 2 main kinds. Once it's up and the wheel is off, there are just 4 bolts per side to loosen for each fork to slide out.
This is the kind of stand you need.

wow i have never even seen that
how much does that run?

There are other ways to get your front up than with the tree stand. I use a flat scissor jack and a fitted 2x4 under my exhaust while on the rear stand. Someone here suspends their bike from the ceiling.
Removing the forks is fairly easy. Doing the seal replace is a bit harder but can be done. Requires either buy a tool to compress the spring or making one.
Search for the write up on the board.

That is pure robbery right there. I have done it twice on Gsxrs. The first was a bit of work, with the learning curve but cost about 70 bucks including the oil.
Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

I paid 550 to deslership and in hindsight... They were last to haul it...

I just rebuilt mine for just under. That was buying the tools, new springs for my swelt #230, oil, seals, etc.

I used a cherry picker to lift the front end up.

It was really pretty easy as there are several pic step by step guides, and tons of Youtube walkthroughs.

Its also a good time to put on new brake pads, replace/balance frt tire, new brake lines.

Ok so this compression tool, can someone give me a manufacturer or part number, or instructions on how to make one? Eff the stealership I am going to do this on my own.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back