Would you trade these two guns?

BigBadDodge

Registered
Put up my colt king cobra (25rds through it, amazing shape, blued not stainless) Up for sale/trade. Specifically put i was looking for either another keltec 380/9mm or a kahr cm or pm9 plus cash. I put the colt up for 1200(another blued one local for 1995.00) Neighbor who is huge gun guy gave me a window where he figured it sell easy while still getting what its worth. Got a huge response in the week its been up but they are all, "man thats sweet, great deal, wish i had the cash". Figured i'd just wait it out, really dont want to sell it but i'd rather have another carry gun plus some cash for mustang go fast parts:laugh:

So trade has come up for a Desert eagle MK VII, .44mag guy is asking 1700 for it but looking for a python series. and is really interested in mine, comes with ammo, 2 mags, mag holder and holster. Gun is clean i just know nothing about the eagles, really dont have much interest in it other than turning it and selling if i can make more than the colt. Any thoughts, havent showed much interest in hoping he'll come up with some cash. Figure more people want a desert eagle over a .357 revolver, am i right in thinking that?

dessert eagle is a big ass gun and ammo is expensive. id say the market is bigger for the .357. the eagle is a specialty kinda gun and I wud not say the market is bigger

our colt anaconda is on its second listing on gun broker for 1200 and still hasnt sold... kind of disappointing as we bought the gun as a flip gun to make some money

The Desert Eagles are awesome guns!!!!!!! I have owned Desert Eagles Mark VII in both .357 & .44
they are probably one of the toughest built guns ever made. Beautiful for hunting.
The only way the ammo gets expensive is because they are fun to shoot!!
The .44 Eagle has less felt recoil than a .357 revolver.

However the asking price for that trade you are looking at, is a bit high. Like 300-500 over priced.
Unless its NIB and has the gold or titanium nitrate zebra finish.
The market is just not there.

The Desert Eagles are awesome guns!!!!!!!
However the asking price for that trade you are looking at, is a bit high. Like 300-500 over priced.
Unless its NIB and has the gold or titanium nitrate zebra finish.
The market is just not there.
I was thinking that price was a little high as well depending on the finish and the undisclosed amount of ammo tho

dessert eagle is a big ass gun and ammo is expensive. id say the market is bigger for the .357. the eagle is a specialty kinda gun and I wud not say the market is bigger

This is what you should be listening to. Ask yourself this question, When is the last time you heard anyone talk about a BIG Ole Heavy Ass Deasert Eagle?

The only Colt Revos I've seen sell for anywhere near 1200 is a Python. King cobras, trooper MkIII and anacondas just don't carry the value. What condition is the colt in? Box and papers? Turn line on cylinder?
How old is it? There are a few series and the early early ones were still largely hand made and worth more. This is why pythons still carry the value they do. They were hand finished and fit like no other. Handmade jeweled trigger actions that are butter smooth on the double stroke.

That for a desert eagle? Forget about it. Neither gun is one you will use much. The colts value wil always be there and go up if you keep it in good shape. The DE is just another large useless gun. Take it to the range, everybody ooohs and ahhhs and that's it, zero purpose.

This is what you should be listening to. Ask yourself this question, When is the last time you heard anyone talk about a BIG Ole Heavy Ass Deasert Eagle?
lol theyre like H1 hummers...theyre not always practical, its a big toy, and theyre a lotta fun as long as its not your only one

yeah our Anaconda has had 2 boxes of ammo through it, is stainless steel with 8" barrel, in perfect condition, was bought in 91 if i remember correctly by my uncle, has all original paperwork and original box. Ive seen a few of them go for around 1200 with more rounds and no paperwork so i keep hoping

Fair enough. If you do see it it will be with that one and not the DE. Plus it will only continue to grow as they are making DEs right now. Not so on the Colts.

And thats why i have not alot of interest in the desert eagle is its more of a oooh look what that guy has gun, its not something i'd carry so to me its useless.

The colt has a very very faint turn line, lockup is tight, trigger feels amazing, i dont have the box or paperwork, it is a 1986 according to colt. But it is also blued and not stainless(which apparently blued's are more rare than stainless) Personally i was actually disapointed when i bought it as when i showed up to buy it i found it was blued and not stainless. (bought from a brother of a friend)
colt.jpg

I picked it up from the original owner, a thornton cop, he bought it loaded the cylinder and put it in his dresser drawer (was more less for when his wife was home alone)somewhere along the way and a few moves the box and paperwork got tossed :banghead: I was the first person to actually put a round down the pipe:laugh: 20 something years after it was made

Back