Would you ride this tire?

DamagedTire.jpg

Better picture.

Well, I got my free tire from Avon on Friday...everything went without a hitch and she rides smooth as silk. The owner changed his tune when they took off the tire. I asked him if they wanted him to send the tire to them (Avon) and they just told him to get rid of it. He was like, "well I was gonna put it on one of my used bikes BUT it looks cupped pretty bad." He's was the one telling me their was nothing wrong with the tire 5 days ago. I'm just thinking in my head, "yea dumb*ss, thats why I wanted a new one...it's cupped pretty bad!" :kissass:

Sounds Like AVON Tires is OFF my Future List of Tires to Buy...................

DON'T RISK IT !!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

It's called cupping and that is caused by the crown in the road. Notice it's only on one side? You can up the tire pressure to decrease the cupping but it's how the road eventually trashes your tire. The dealer is right this has been happening for years. If you do high miles try using a dual or triple compound tire or use a harder "touring" compound tire. Some have mentioned Avon Storms in connection with high mileage I'd try that. Wardie

Wish I had seen this post a few days ago I just had an Avon Storm put on the front thursday...

i would use it for a smoke show and junk it. i wouldn't risk my hide with that thing mounted on the back.

It's called cupping and that is caused by the crown in the road. Notice it's only on one side? You can up the tire pressure to decrease the cupping but it's how the road eventually trashes your tire. The dealer is right this has been happening for years. If you do high miles try using a dual or triple compound tire or use a harder "touring" compound tire. Some have mentioned Avon Storms in connection with high mileage I'd try that. Wardie

I understand that but it was there the first day I had it put on. I just thought it was slight bumps in the road. When I left the shop, I felt it....so there were other factors in how this tire turned out.

Avon already gave me a free tire so it's all good.

I had a post on here about freaky tire wear, on one side without a lot of miles, heard every thing from to many hard left bends, braking to hard, crown in the roads, ect but i found it was suspension? im a 200+lb guy and ride hard, swapped my rear shock out for a pensky, and fork kit by traxxion all tuned in tires are wearing really well now, just my 2 cents your tire may just be junk but if they keep wearing like that check your suspension

Back