Would you buy a Replica Supercar?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I got to linking around Youtube tonight and came upon some replica supercars, Lambo's and Ferrari's mostly. The price tags seem to vary from $17-40k. The higher end one in the video definitely looks the part from a few feet away, some of others, not so much. There was Diablo roadster replica in town a few years ago, it was good enough to get me to turn around, but once at 10ft, its proportions were just horrible. The Fiero chassis it was built one was just to small. ANyway, would you ever buy one? I cant see spending $40k on a fake when I can buy a used Vette, porsche, Supra ect for the same money and have the real McCoy.

Lamborghini Murcielago Replica Super Replicas are the most reliable replica car company - YouTube

SUPER REPLICAS FERRARI, Enzo ferrari, Replica ferrari

Passing one the going the other way in traffic, you'll probably going to be fooled, but up close, they just look, off.

Reventon_roadster_(6).JPG

thumb.display.jpg

For $40k I can build a Fox body Mustang that'll kill most all of the supercars out there.

And you'd still have a Mustang.. :puke:

[DLMURL="http://www.smileygenerator.us"]
742_921_012_96.0647053001360779536.gif
[/DLMURL]

That's the best part, as it would kill you when it smoked your Lamborghini, Ferrari, most Porsches, ect., and a Corvette...if you wanna call those "super".:laugh:

As for the original question, BOTS *sigh*, I've said for years now I want a GT40, and there's a local shop that will build you a replica...it's pricey, but I am certain I'll never get my hands on any original one anyway...

Base price is $79,000 :banghead:

Please make a note that this is the first, last, and only time I will say this....

Nice rear-end Vabs!

Nope I wouldn't buy a replica, but I wouldn't mind owning a unique kit car.

GTM there are quite a few people selling unique kits along with remakes. I would buy a GTM kit before a Lambo or ferrari replica, kinda nice when people have to ask you what kind of car it is :)

gtm.jpg

gtm.jpg

To answer the primary question.....some replicars are junk, some are OK and some are BETTER than the original. An example of better is the Catterham, copy of the original Lotus Super Seven (not to put down the beautiful Lotus, just comparing performance and sophistication). Doyle

csr_main000.jpg

Back