Would you buy a Busa if it had a smaller motor?

I had a Kawa 900 before the 'Busa, and an 1100 Yam before that. One of the things I missed with the 900 was the torque, even though it had more horsepower than the '11, you had to keep it on the boil and stir the gearbox a lot.

The 'Busa has torque and horsepower in spades, it's just fun having that much effortless potential to play with.

So to answer your question, no I would not buy a 'Busa with a smaller motor. The motor was the main reason for my purchase. The fact that I think it looks cool as well is just extra cake.

when i first got interested in motorcycles i didnt know a thing about them so i took a buddy of mine with me to a dealership. the only bike that caught my eye was the busa. Black and purple with dual exhasut. Not know shid about the bike it was what i wanted.

no, cuz I wanted 200mph potential, top end, high speed availability. I LOVE the Busa look and that was half the sale, but I was eyeing the 12R also. need for speed and all that rubbish

a lot of 1ks have tops speed 200 potiential

I'm just wondering why Suzuki, or any other companies, haven't made a bike that is this comfortable but with less power.
They did...it was the 1100 Katana....which was a big, comfy, marshmallow of a bike.....and got it's ass handed to it on a regular basis by well ridden 250's. Not a good idea, it was big and comfy, but couldn't back up it's "sportbike" look, and didn't really tour or work well two-up, either.
What year Katana are you talking about? Back in the early 80's it was one of the ultimate superbikes right up there with the CBX and V65 and unlike those two it had wicked looks and state of the art handling for the day.

I would love to own this '83 SV model!

my bad....I was referring to the mid-to-late 90's version...

Last edited by a moderator:
my bad....I was referring to the mid-to-late 90's version...
Yeah, the new Katanas are pretty much wimp beginners bikes. Shame what Suzuki did with that name. Kinda of how the new Malibu and Impala is a disgrace of what those cars used to be.

Dropping the displacement on the Busa would be a repeat of what happened to the once mighty Katana.

NO
I bought a Busa for 1 reason!
Because it can be built to fly.
Stock #### is BORING!
The Busa motor has room to grow!

No

Big engine = BIG TORQUE = big grins
biggrin.gif

uh .... NO if it had smaller motor with less weight and more HP and tourque Yes but othewise no thanks

kinda like buying a viper or Z06 and putting a 70hp 4 banger in it
rock.gif

How many people here actually race their busa. Well if you dont it doesnt matter if it a go kart engine in your viper no one will ever know except you and your mechanic.
smile.gif

No way, I want it bigger. Not so much for horsepower as for torque at any rpm. Its great riding a bike with no power band to speak of.

Back