Would you buy a Busa if it had a smaller motor?

TurboSN95

Registered
I'm just curious if anyone has the same thoughts as I do about the Busa. I'm in the market for a bike, I love how it looks, I especially love how comfortable it is. But do I need all that power? No.... I would still buy the Busa if it had a 900 or 1000 cc motor, without a doubt. I'm just wondering why Suzuki, or any other companies, haven't made a bike that is this comfortable but with less power. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to trying the bike's power out, but with care. I drive a mustang with 1000 hp, i'm not against the power at all. I just think that even with a detuned motor, the bike would still be great. Does anyone agree?

Id by a busa with a smaller motor as long as it wasnt a 600. i bought it for the looks anyway. Its cool to have a bike regardless but depending on what kind of person you are youre gonna want the power.

Id by a busa with a smaller motor as long as it wasnt a 600. i bought it for the looks anyway.
+1

I first fell in love with the style and after 13K miles the power is right up there with style....
smile.gif

I'm just wondering why Suzuki, or any other companies, haven't made a bike that is this comfortable but with less power.  
They did...it was the 1100 Katana....which was a big, comfy, marshmallow of a bike.....and got it's ass handed to it on a regular basis by well ridden 250's. Not a good idea, it was big and comfy, but couldn't back up it's "sportbike" look, and didn't really tour or work well two-up, either.

HELL NO!!! WTF good would 550lb Big azz 900 be? I tell ya, it would be right back to 1990's... Heavy overwight bikes with about 100hp. No thanks.
smile.gif

The busa is a cool bike, but the chassis is antique, and while reasonably comfy for a sportbike it's not spot on either. So we are left with the that sweet motor and it's piles of torque!!!! It's why you buy a Busa. Sure it's purty I think, but it's a big assed heavy brute, and without that power it would be a real dog. NO thanks. I mean really, the best part of the Busa is it's sick acceleration, and incredible make your teeth chatter with adrenaline mid-range... Without it, it's just another VFR...

If the Busa came with 100 HP? I'd be on an R1 or a Black 1KGixxer.

My .02

I don't think I like the idea of a smaller displacement, I do think the Busa is the best looking bike but I bought the bike for power and looks, if it was heavy and slow on top of that, I would have got the Gixxer 1k

no way,when i bought the busa i didn't like the way it looked. I bought it only because of the 1300cc motor.
I almost got a gixxer 1000 but the I also had the wife in mind for her comfort.

--------------
Dan
'95 Twin Turbo Mustang GT
9.38 @ 148
Wants a Busa! [/QUOTE]

my stock motor/ normally aspirated busa does 9.39 @ 147.....
maybe now you know the answer.

--------------
Dan
'95 Twin Turbo Mustang GT
9.38 @ 148
Wants a Busa!

my stock motor/ normally aspirated busa does 9.39 @ 147.....
maybe now you know the answer.[/QUOTE]
Haha, you're ok in my books! Actually i'm selling the car to pay off my truck and to get a Hayabusa with the rest, gotta have that power.

Looks and power--had to be 1299cc's---The Busa does do it's intended purpose with Major Class--Not the quickest in the twisty's...who cares-----fast and nimble enough...especially at my my age...Lets drag race---you can win.
Super twisty's a 87 Honda Hurricane could kick our azz..it's all relevant----I did not buy my Busa for max cornering speed.......it's the exit....speed----It's just a awsome street ride with pro's and con's.......Pro's are excellent....con's no biggy. We cannot compare our Busa to 600-750-1000 cc racer replicas..thats not why it was built..WooHoo 176 mph in 5th---on the Gps...It's all good---I will keep it for life--now 53...
biggrin.gif

As for Cache----His as far as i know---Never had the clutch cover off or the head----Just lowerd abit---one tooth down on C Shaft sprocket---and he [FLY'S] down the Quatloo---awsome Dude.
wink.gif

I'm just wondering why Suzuki, or any other companies, haven't made a bike that is this comfortable but with less power.
They did...it was the 1100 Katana....which was a big, comfy, marshmallow of a bike.....and got it's ass handed to it on a regular basis by well ridden 250's. Not a good idea, it was big and comfy, but couldn't back up it's "sportbike" look, and didn't really tour or work well two-up, either.
What year Katana are you talking about? Back in the early 80's it was one of the ultimate superbikes right up there with the CBX and V65 and unlike those two it had wicked looks and state of the art handling for the day.

I would love to own this '83 SV model!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you old folks are dating yourselves.
wink.gif

i think this question should be revised. who would trade your 1300cc for bigger more power. i think you would find lots more takers. more power please!

Back