World's Fastest Indian

great movie. i bought a copy and passed it around to all my friends until someone failed to return it. i'm going to buy another copy or two to watch and pass around again. i like the scene where he makes his morning tea out of the "heat treat" water. a true biker and gear head if there ever was one. once again- a great movie for bikers and non-bikers alike.
bump.gif

I loved the scene on the beach when he needed a push start after the other guys had left the start line, and then he blew past them like they were in reverse right before he dumped it on the turn.

I got to thinking about the fact that his record for a sub 1K bike still stands and wondering why, with all the improvements in bikes, that it hasn't been bested. I wonder if the fact that he didn't have to put a bunch of safety gear on it made it so light that even today, the weight difference can't be overcome? Or maybe it is because he was just one fast son of a gun.

I still think what he did was incredible.
He was dealing with everything on his own engine build, metallurgy, aerodynamics, weight distribution, gearing & more. Imagine all that knowledge then & nobody to understand what you were even doing. All the builders all the current manufacturers all the electronics & tech still can't match his 1000cc top speed record. Can u imagine the mind bend if they never let him race & sent him away? Oh yeah must see movie.

He was dealing with everything on his own engine build, metallurgy, aerodynamics, weight distribution, gearing & more. Imagine all that knowledge then & nobody to understand what you were even doing. All the builders all the current manufacturers all the electronics & tech still can't match his 1000cc top speed record. Can u imagine the mind bend if they never let him race & sent him away? Oh yeah must see movie.
Aaaaaannnnnndddddd RedBull gets you again..... you're responding to a 10+ year old conversation.
But it is a great movie.

He was dealing
with everything
on his own engine build ,
metallurgy , aerodynamics ,
weight distribution, gearing & more .

Imagine all that knowledge
then & nobody to understand
what you were even doing .

All the builders all the current manufacturers
all the electronics & tech still can not match
his 1000cc top speed record .