Working on stock swingarm

Luiz Manrique

Registered
I'm new to this forum and have many questions.
I have a bike shop but I work with choppers and I have a friend that own a
2010 hayabusa and he wants to do some modifications,mainly the rear wheel and swingarm.
He wants a 300 rear tire and he asked me to do the job in his bike.My questions are?,Is possible to streched the stock swingarm?how long is necessary?what's the size for the rear wheel?I was looking for a thread showing this mod step by step but I havet founded it yet.
If someone help me I'll apreciate

The stock arm will NOT except a 300....ONLY a 200. You can stretch the stock arm how ever..weld ons or bolt on extensions. A GenII ( 2010 ) looks good at 6 over stock.

Need a new arm to go Wide, stock arms can and often are extended.

A 240 will work without a jackshaft, but 300 will need a jackshaft. If you go up to 330 you can run an Outside drive (chain runs outside the frame) and wont need a jackshaft.

I'm new to this forum and have many questions.
I have a bike shop but I work with choppers and I have a friend that own a
2010 hayabusa and he wants to do some modifications,mainly the rear wheel and swingarm.
He wants a 300 rear tire and he asked me to do the job in his bike.My questions are?,Is possible to streched the stock swingarm?how long is necessary?what's the size for the rear wheel?I was looking for a thread showing this mod step by step but I havet founded it yet.
If someone help me I'll apreciate

Do yourself an your friend a favor tell him to research a wide tire kit an buy one, may not be a good idea to mod (cut/ weld/ widen a stock arm) not trying to criticize your metal or welding skills. That kind of modding project attempt has fail written all over it :( if that is your intention..

I don't think any one here has attempted to widen a stock swingarm

Last edited:
Thanks to all that have answered.
I tought it could be done and as I have all the tools to do this kind of work,maybe we'll think about whatthe exactely tire to use,but what he wants is the 300.Another question,when do you change the wheels for a wide tire,the front wheel is the same size?And streching the stock swingarm,I guess welding is not the problem,as I'm a good welder and certified and also have pratice with aluminium.

Front wheel can be whatever you want to order. If got my stocker on the front with a 240 rear.
Stretching is as easy as a $300 set of extentions, no welding needed, they bolt in

Back