question on first gen swingarm

tipsyxb

Registered
here is my question... does anyone know who has done this or know if it will work.. i want to put a 2nd gen swingarm on my 07 busa. let me know if there is any answers to my question. thank you.

The rear brake mount is different, so it is not a direct bolt on. The 08 caliper and bracket should be able to be fitted with some machining and/or custom spacers.

are they different wheels as well? i just need the simple solution to mounting the brake on top and deleting the bottom bar for the brake mount (its ugly).

Tipsyxb, the wheel, sprocket carrier, disc, caliper and caliper bracket are different. I've just retrofitted a Gen 2 rear wheel and Brake system to my Gen 1 but retained the Gen 1 swingarm. There was a bit of engineering to do to add a bracket to the inside of the swingarm to allow the Gen 2 Caliper carrier to be used and the sprockets didn't line up so I had to get some custom spacers made and also have some metal removed from the sprocket carrier. I don't know if a complete retro-fit of the Gen2 rear end would bolt in with everything lining up but it 'might'. If so, be aware, I think the shock linkage mounts are slightly different.

Back