G3 tag holder on swingarm extensions

Twister NOS

Registered
Hey all! I am anxiously waiting the arrival of my G3 Tag holder for the bike, and I realized it might not work out. I have swingarm extensions mounted on the bike and the bolts that hold the rear caliper mounting brake are recessed into the swingarm itself. Any ideas on how to mount this? I don't have the peice yet, but can't wait for it to arrive.

Post a pic if your caliper for me and I'll let you know if you're gonna have to special rig it or not.

I went with the G2, as I do have swingarm extensions also. Seems to me all you would have to do to mount the G3 is to mount it on the left side.

I went with the G2, as I do have swingarm extensions also.  Seems to me all you would have to do to mount the G3 is to mount it on the left side.
I thought it wouldn't mount on the left side?
rock.gif

AR_Tag_Relocater__Medium_.JPG

I went with the G2, as I do have swingarm extensions also.  Seems to me all you would have to do to mount the G3 is to mount it on the left side.
Will not bolt to the left since the caliper is only on the right side. The problem with this case, and I wish I had pictures up right now to show, haven't had a camera, is these extensions have a plate mounted to the actual extension that contains the caliper mounting bracket. The screws are in inset to the mounting bracket by the depth of the head. HAVE to get a picture. HAVE TOO.

Here is the best example I can come up with.  You can see from the extention, that the bolts are inset into the extention itself.

I would hate to have to drill new holes in the extention itself and tap them out just to add the tag holder. Help?

<!--EDIT|Twister NOS
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148131445 -->

extentions.jpg

Here is the best example I can come up with.  You can see from the extention, that the bolts are inset into the extention itself.

I would hate to have to drill new holes in the extention itself and tap them out just to add the tag holder.  Help?
Longer bolts should solve the issue.

I would hate to have to drill new holes in the extention itself and tap them out just to add the tag holder.  Help?
Seems like it, but I am very hesitate to use longer bolts since(insert dramatic pause here) the recess exists behind it. Was thinking of some kind of space to drop behind it as a kind of "fill", then the bolt. I am also looking at strength.

I have been known to over think things too much. Too much to the point where I can't do anything because I haven't come up with a good enough idea. Tell me if you think I am over thinking this.

Seems like it, but I am very hesitate to use longer bolts since(insert dramatic pause here) the recess exists behind it.  Was thinking of some kind of space to drop behind it as a kind of "fill", then the bolt.  I am also looking at strength.

I have been known to over think things too much.  Too much to the point where I can't do anything because I haven't come up with a good enough idea.  Tell me if you think I am over thinking this.
I think you are. Get the bolts and see how it goes. You may need to change your tag relocator but ya gotta try first to find out.

Back