Woolrich Racing Ecu Tuner?

Jessy

Registered
04 busa mods are voodoo header and slip on with k.n intake (all mods I know of ....
So... Woolrich racing ecu tuner
Not sure where to post this but
Here I go,
I'm going to buy this software and harness to tune the factory ecu for 300ish and self tune ( learning here..) now with my mods would I want to lean the bike out or richen it up
Hesitation under any med-hard throttle
Extremely hesitant when any way cold

Woolrich has their own site.
You will find everything you need there, as Woolrich info is very limited here.
If you're shooting for 300hp, then you must have a turbo, sc, or Nitros.
You don't want to start/run the bike on a stock/base map with any of the 3.
A datalogging starting point is for an internally stock engine, or one with a tuned map already flashed to a turbo, sc, or nitros that can be built upon.
Adjusting the air/fuel is datalogger or dyno only, and can burn down an engine if done incorrectly.

Six, I think that he is buying the setup and software for 300. But I agree he will have to data log some miles before he starts messing with numbers. Otherwise you are just guessing, and there's way to many options for that.

Six, I think that he is buying the setup and software for 300. But I agree he will have to data log some miles before he starts messing with numbers. Otherwise you are just guessing, and there's way to many options for that.
Ha!
I need to pay more attention

For your year bike it's going to cost way more than $300, to log and tune

800$ish for the auto tune package
Sorry for not replying I'm used to getting email notifications from like any other forum but this one ? Lol
Yes .. 300$ to start package and I can buy everything els individually

Shop that had the bike said previous owner had pc5 with kn& brocks side winder tune and ran perfect
That is going to be my starter tune setup ( repo bike from non payment to shop so I don't have pc5 old owner dose )
So woolrich and ecu editor are essentially the same from what I've seen I don't want to spend 300+ on a pc5 when I can go this route and have more tuning and less stuff on the bike at the same cost rpm limiter removal or change it
Speed limiter removal from ecu no 5th gear trick or I can lower it to a valet setting with map set b switch
It would overall be much better with this

Also I should have mentioned my bike is runing lean to the point it spits and sputters past 1/4 throttle or sometimes less
So even with me just upping the fuel input 5% or so will help me ( or ride and see if it dose it / ill be running universal map for all gears for a while) untill I can afford the afr and data logger add-ons to just do auto tune

It's actually like 280 something for the harness adapter so shipping shouldn't be much

You need a wideband first and foremost. There is no datalogging without a measuring tool which is your wideband AFR be it AD or the zeitronix plug in for woolich. Everything that you are trying to do requires a wideband and then the learning curve begins. If you do have one and you didn't mention it, I apologize. You simply cannot tune a motor of any kind without one. I will tell you that with a gen 1, datalogging and autotune is not plug and play with woolich. You will have to log lots and lots of time to collect the data and plug it in to change the fuel maps and bad data will also be collected and put you back a step often. You will have to adjust both your IAP maps and TPS. It works much better with a gen 2 for "autotune" purposes. If you want to just flash the ecu for the tweaks that ecu editor gives you, get a bench flasher. Then keep the power commander and adjust your tune and AFR with that. Flashing a gen 1 ecu over and over again will frustrate you.

I know most of this is going to be difficult but as I stated a brocks side winder + kn filter tune that the p.c has made it ran alot better stating from previous owners shop
I'm not looking for dyno queen or such I'm just trying to make the bike a little richer as Ithe is way too lean

so for me just making the maps have a little more fuel untill my stutter dissapeers then I'm happy .. not a power hungry speed freak :rolleyes:
I understand this won't fix the choppy essential at idle
But I will get the other items later down the road I'm going to do this by is my stutter there ?
No? Good.. yes? More fuel.. (still stutter? Figure out why)

This isn't a flat spot issue this is a studder and Barley enough power to beat a 636 2016 ninja
This is why I need this

We don't know whether it is a too lean or too rich condition. Neither do you. If you really want to learn, go ahead and go with the package from Woolich. You will have no choice but to learn by mapping your fuel maps based on your logs. You will need these guys help with your target AFR map. Once you set that up, you will ride around, the log box pro will collect data from your wideband and recommend corrections to be done by flashing. You can do that. Justin will help you but he will not help you be a tuner with ideal AFR ratios. Just post a pic of your target AFR map and ask for help. Remember, people make a living by tuning. Giving away information they learned over time and blown motors and lost $ is not something everyone is apt to do. If nobody jumps to help you, you may have to do some google digging. Good news is you are naturally aspirated and it isn't that complicated and might not take much adjustment to the maps to get you golden.

Luckily woolrich.. like power commander, has a few tune setups from other people ( that's hit or miss I know...)
But no.. I know it is too lean this isn't my first rodeo around mechanical stuff (just fuel injection tuning )

My old ninja zx6e has 137.5 jets in it and runs a little rich as it takes a while to warm up stock is 135 ?
They only recommended upping when you modify aftermarket header or different slipons/ filter ect ect (bike is bone stock except block off plates and jets)
The busa however warms up very quick, runs hot, the usual for too lean conditions

I really do appreciate the help and I fully understand shops want money for there information
Family owned a shop as well just not tuning unless it was carburated
My life is a greasy monkey one

I would love to turbo the bike but geezus 1 $$ 2,way too fast for me on 2 wheels I've seen power runs holy $hi++

Also on a side note where would I place the wide band on the voodoo header and shorty Muffler not much room there

Back