Woolich autotune Gen 3.

Tried that, but to no avail. I contacted Woolich, and they said that there is no capability to read the ECU. So there is no way for me to save the Moore Mafia tune before I start playing around with it.
Damn… .

If it doesn’t read your ECU what does it do?

You can write to it, but you can't see what the current fuel maps look like unless they were created by you and saved previously. No way to see what the Moore Mafia tune looks like. I'm going to try and log some files this weekend with the autotune to see how that comes out... I may be creating a larger stink than what it is.

I paid Chris for a remote unlock and tune because my bike was nearly the exact same setup as one of the bikes on the channel. During the E-tune process we both saved the map in a secure location and backed up to my Google drive for safe keeping. Chris also left the map unlocked so if I made any minor changes I could use the auto tune to resolve any fuel map errors.

I'm wondering if your map is locked hence you can't read the current map and save it.

That would make more sense.

So I had a very weird problem happen after flashing the ECU. Had a remote tune done and and then some touchups they made after data logging, reflashed the edited tune on and the bike would barely idle, when I rode it it was unstable as hell below 3k and would stall out when trying to ride at part throttle. Logs showed the bike was super rich at idle and then AFR was all over the place while riding.
For what its worth the original "pre touchup" tune I was sent was completely fine.

I noticed that after reflashing the bike was in A mode from U1 and some other settings were reset but I thought nothing of it.

Anyways I limped the bike back home and decided to reflash the same tune on there again and this time the dash stayed as I had set it and now everything seems fine and the bike is running great, gonna ride some more tomorrow just to make sure.
Is it possible that something went wrong when flashing the first time, has anyone had something like this happen? Or do things just get wonky the first run after changing a tune?

Just really weird as the original tune I got sent over was fine, its just after touchups that it went wild.
O2 sensors disconnected other than wideband and woolich stuff wired up all fine.

Also both times I flashed the ECU it completed without any hiccups just as Woolich had in their guide (as far as I could tell)

Last edited:
I noticed that the zetronix cant be plugged into the logbox while flashing the ECU. Everytime I tried to flash I would fail to flash and would error out. I unplug the RJ11 and flashes normally. So far I have only let Moore adjust it once last June. I am shooting for some Dyno pulls or Mexico runs soon.

Question:

In "Autotune" there is a "Settings" page named "Exhaust Gas Offset". Does anyone know what the correct 5 "Exhaust Gas Offset (Time)" values should be for stock Gen 3 headers. I also have the Wideband 02 sensor installed into the factory right side O2 sensor bung using the threaded adapter, not sure if that mattered and or needed a value correction.

Question:

Still trying to learn autotune, but when I load saved WRL log files I get no visible AFR data unless I go into settings and Uncheck "Filter by Power Mode" under "Autotune" settings. I have been riding the bike in mode "U1" which is a custom profile set to full power mode with all rider aids disabled. Not sure if that matters but all the screenshots and documentation for Autotune shows a drop down for "Mode". When I load my log file to autotune there is no "mode" dropdown to be found.

The only reason I may want to give autotune an attempt is because my bike is breaking up and stuttering at 3K RPM sometimes even in 1st gear, normally around 30-40mph. 3rd gear is the most problematic at around 3K rpm, its hit or miss if the engine is going to start breaking up and stuttering. Its not every time, the bike is ridable, just often enough where its concerning. I was thinking I may be able to use autotune to correct only the low RPM throttle issues.

Question:

Still trying to learn autotune, but when I load saved WRL log files I get no visible AFR data unless I go into settings and Uncheck "Filter by Power Mode" under "Autotune" settings. I have been riding the bike in mode "U1" which is a custom profile set to full power mode with all rider aids disabled. Not sure if that matters but all the screenshots and documentation for Autotune shows a drop down for "Mode". When I load my log file to autotune there is no "mode" dropdown to be found.

The only reason I may want to give autotune an attempt is because my bike is breaking up and stuttering at 3K RPM sometimes even in 1st gear, normally around 30-40mph. 3rd gear is the most problematic at around 3K rpm, its hit or miss if the engine is going to start breaking up and stuttering. Its not every time, the bike is ridable, just often enough where its concerning. I was thinking I may be able to use autotune to correct only the low RPM throttle issues.
This sounds like an issue I was having and fixed by adding more fuel manually on the part throttle map at around 3k RPM.
However I didn't use autotune for it, again just added incrementally more fueling where I was going lean and eventually got it to go away without running rich.

Do you have the logs of riding around when the issue happens? If its like mine then the AFR at around 3k, or whenever the stuttger happens, will show extremely lean.

I do have the logs.

I took a plunge into Autotune and now I'm on version 4 of applying the autotune suggestions. I have been only applying the suggestions to cells 0 rpm up to 4000 rpm in hopes it will cure it. Thus far I have seen a small improvement. 3rd gear stumbles are gone, but I still have 1st gear, 4th, and 5th gear stumbles, not as frequent but still there.

I would love to post my log here for some additional guidance so that I can get better at reading these myself. Which log view are you looking for exactly.

Here is the view from Autotune from my last datalog session where in 1st gear, 4th, and 5th had some bad stumbles. This only happens when I baby the throttle, i.e. well under 10% throttle.

If there is a different view you need to see please let me know, thanks a bunch.

IAP_1.png

TPS_1.png

I applied the corrections supplied by autotune for the above maps. Went for a ride and now I can only get 2nd and 4th gear to stumble. Getting really close here. I feel like I do need some simple manual tweaks to finish it off. Going to try autotune 1 more time on newest logs and see what happens.

So after 8+ autotune sessions I still cant get rid of the 3K rpm stumbles.

Dumb ? how does one revert back to the factory stock tune ? I feel that may be in order before I start chasing any other ideas ?

So after 8+ autotune sessions I still cant get rid of the 3K rpm stumbles.

Dumb ? how does one revert back to the factory stock tune ? I feel that may be in order before I start chasing any other ideas ?
You did save your original tune before you started autotune, right? If not your only option is to use a stock tune from Woolrich

I was under the impression that the woolich box cant read / dump a copy of your factory ECU, short answer no, I do not have a backup file of what I would consider my virgin ECU. That said I did find the option to download a clean bin file with no modifications from within the woolich tool. I assume that file is a factory dump for our bike that would 100% match my original ECU. So just now I took that file and simply removed the speed limiter and o2 + pair valve codes and flashed. I did not have time to test ride that combo yet but I did go up and down the block with no stumbles yet. What to do what to do. Ill get a good test ride going in the morning and report back.

FYI, I asked Woolich support, their response below.

"The file in the software is 100% stock unmodified. So it is exactly the same as the stock image that was in your ECU when it rolled off the factory floor and into it's crate to be shipped to dealers.

All part numbers are identical in the ECU - so provided you use the same exact matching part number, then the ECU when you write a stock file to it making no changes appears as 100% identical to the ECU it left Suzuki with."

It's raining here today, so still haven't had time to test the stock tune with my basic mods. Which is simply a slip-on, intake, and pair valve delete.

Well, the bike runs perfect with factory ecu tune, should I even bother any more, the bike has more HP than Ill ever use, not sure the juice is worth squeeze.

I did at least eliminate the Top Speed Limiter, Pair Valve & O2 sensors, so I at least go that going for me.

I was under the impression that the woolich box cant read / dump a copy of your factory ECU, short answer no, I do not have a backup file of what I would consider my virgin ECU. That said I did find the option to download a clean bin file with no modifications from within the woolich tool. I assume that file is a factory dump for our bike that would 100% match my original ECU. So just now I took that file and simply removed the speed limiter and o2 + pair valve codes and flashed. I did not have time to test ride that combo yet but I did go up and down the block with no stumbles yet. What to do what to do. Ill get a good test ride going in the morning and report back.
Sorry im in the middle of a move so responses are kinda slow.

The tune (.wrb) files you can save separately, and I'd recommend saving each one on its own before you flash so that if the newer file is bad you can flash the old one over.

Did Chris flash your ECU in the mail or do a remote tune?

Also its easier for me personally, to see if its the same issue as mine if you can take a picture of the graph logs like this.
1694716207432.png

For me the stumbling happening matches with that red line right side where you see a kinda plateau in the AFR. If you go through the log like that you can see if there are any AFR spikes or dips at low throttle % that arent related to when you shift gears.

I can send you a PM of my fuel map later when I get the chance, might be tomorrow. I didn't use autotune because it seemed to do a wider

Sorry im in the middle of a move so responses are kinda slow.

The tune (.wrb) files you can save separately, and I'd recommend saving each one on its own before you flash so that if the newer file is bad you can flash the old one over.

Did Chris flash your ECU in the mail or do a remote tune?

Also its easier for me personally, to see if its the same issue as mine if you can take a picture of the graph logs like this.
View attachment 1670517

For me the stumbling happening matches with that red line right side where you see a kinda plateau in the AFR. If you go through the log like that you can see if there are any AFR spikes or dips at low throttle % that arent related to when you shift gears.

I can send you a PM of my fuel map later when I get the chance, might be tomorrow. I didn't use autotune because it seemed to do a wider
Well that sent without me finishing the sentence, but I basically didnt use autotune because the location where it was leaning out was super specific and autotune seemed to do a wider modification of the cells.

So I am still running the stock tune with no issues. I am curious if anyone has any tips or recommendations on tweaking the throttle opening tables, is that even a thing, or am I way off base here. Just looking to tweak the stock tune a little.

Back