Wish me luck guys.....

Many thanks guys, will try and get some pictures but most will be of gas stations:beerchug::bowdown:

Best of luck! Ride safe and have a good time. Break it up into a 2-day trip if you start getting too tired.

Sorry for the delay, guys, but have just returned from a week in Lake Garda (North of Milan) for my niece’s wedding. Will send pictures tomorrow.
Well I made it, but never again, it’s a 2 day trip. Started off from Berlin at 7.00am, A10 to Brandenburg then A2 to Hannover, 200 miles, fog all the way, cold with the visor misting up (nightmare).

trip01.jpg

trip02.jpg

Weather stared to improve, but strange the gas mileage decreased with a clear autobahn, cruising at 130mph the Busa has a thrist :laugh: On my third gas stop meet a HD rider, think I was somewhere in Holand. Nice guy, asked why I used ear plugs, is the Busa that noisy, I said it was for wind noise but as you have a HD you would not know what that was:laugh:

trip04.jpg

trip05.jpg

Rest of the trip was fine, until I reached the Port of Dunkerque. Got there at 5.00pm ready for the 6.00pm crossing. French fisherman on strike, next crossing 8.00pm. It is true you could hate the frogs. Meet another Busa Bro. he was with 3 mates, GSXR1000, ZX10 and a 1250 Bandit this was a loaner, his ZX1350 was in for repairs :whistle:

Finally docked in Dover at 9.30pm UK time. Its 180 miles from Dover to my home in Bristol, fog all the way, 31/2 hour later go home cold and nackered.:beerchug:

trip06.jpg

trip07.jpg

trip08.jpg

trip09.jpg

Way cool! Glad you made it home all right.

--Wag--

epic ride for someone that has never been across Europe at all... Sure wish I could pull together a trip like that some day..

Wow...what an adventure. How do they secure the bikes on the boat? Next time head down to the Alps!

Sounds like a nice long trip! Glad you made it without incidents :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back