Wiring up for bike to bike comms

Jza

Registered
Hey guys,

Wife and i (she has her own bike) use an "Autocom" system for bike to bike when touring (honest i can turn it off when she start talking too much....LOL).

I havent set it up for the 'Busa yet.

Anyone done so already and if so is there a good place to attach to the power on the bike?

On my last bike i soldered the power to the rear lights....

Cheers,

Jza

Jza,
That is where I originally had mine, until I installed a fuse block. So, go off of the tail light, since it is a constant hot with the key turned.

MCM

Hey guys,

Wife and i (she has her own bike) use an "Autocom" system for bike to bike when touring (honest i can turn it off when she start talking too much....LOL).

I havent set it up for the 'Busa yet.

Anyone done so already and if so is there a good place to attach to the power on the bike?

On my last bike i soldered the power to the rear lights....

Cheers,

Jza
if you ever get rid of your rear fender then you can use the license plate light. That is what I used for my pc3usb power source...

thumb_up.gif

I make something that might be of interest to you, it plugs in at the euro connector which is a couple of inches from the right turn signal, its key on power and will allow you to wire 1 item up front on the bike and 2 in the tail section without splicing into your harness.

Greg

100_3432.JPG

100_3436.JPG

Back