Well here's what I got
Stage 1 Velocity
213918 JE Turbo Pistons
80 spacer plate
Cylinder Studs and nuts
65 lb Valve Springs
H Beam Carillo Rods

Here's what Iam going to do
Ajustable Cam Sprockets ( I know should been done on last go round but I got tight on bucks )
Cam Chain
Undercut the Trans ( she pops out of 2nd )

Here's what I found on the teardown
All the Pistons have oil on them ( Like all of the valve seals are leaking )
Or the Rings did not cut in yet
On cyl 1 and 4 oil deposits on the back of the valve

Do you have any input

Thanks
Busa Overhaul 040.jpg

Busa Overhaul 038.jpg

Busa Overhaul 037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
id say its possibly from the turbo??
velocity had a problem at one time with too low of a turbo
check your plenum and charge tube for oil
see if it has any in there
if not then possibly a seal is not good or its just tuned extremely rich

i had mine tuned really rich during break in.. i noticed lots of deposits as well, i took it all apart and cleaned everything up. When i finish adding on all the work i need to do on my bike I will tune it again on higher octane fuel, run it another 500 miles and then tear it down to verify it was only a rich fuel mixture.

Also on those pistons (i have the same set in my bike) check the oil ring gaps where the wrist pins are sitting on the piston. See if you have any cracks... I have heard several people on the org say they had problems with those pistsons, mine were good to go but let me know if you see any problems.. i am really curious if they are cracking like others say.. also how many lbs of boost did you push?

Last edited:
A little oil is not unusual, turbo's do not have perfect oil seals , if you have not had indication of a prob before pulling it down i would not be too concerned,running rich and cool is not burning off the deposits as much as a std engine would ...

i had mine tuned really rich during break in.. i noticed lots of deposits as well, i took it all apart and cleaned everything up. When i finish adding on all the work i need to do on my bike I will tune it again on higher octane fuel, run it another 500 miles and then tear it down to verify it was only a rich fuel mixture.

Also on those pistons (i have the same set in my bike) check the oil ring gaps where the wrist pins are sitting on the piston. See if you have any cracks... I have heard several people on the org say they had problems with those pistsons, mine were good to go but let me know if you see any problems.. i am really curious if they are cracking like others say.. also how many lbs of boost did you push?

Cracks occur on the underside of the piston, not at the oil ring landings, look on the bottom of the piston on the wrist pin boss area, look closely as the cracks start off as hairline cracks and get bigger,

Richard

Cracks occur on the underside of the piston, not at the oil ring landings, look on the bottom of the piston on the wrist pin boss area, look closely as the cracks start off as hairline cracks and get bigger,

Richard

What he said, I took mine out and inspected them thoroughly and cleaned them up. They looked to be in good condition. I was unsure where the cracks were starting, so i inspected the entire piston. I had assumed the cracks started were the wrist pin meets the oil ring landing, not much space there... I am hoping with more boost those pistons will hold true.

Well I pulled it down the rest of the way today
but I have not taking the pistons off yet to inspect
questions
this is a 05 did they undercut the trans from the factory
also I think its 6 gear shift fork has a blue tint to it
I posted in the Motor Tread also
Busa Overhaul 2 010.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 011.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 017.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 018.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 023.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 010.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 011.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 017.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 018.jpg

Busa Overhaul 2 023.jpg

my pistons look a little cleaner but not much on my velocity stage 2 bike and im running je turbo pistons as well

The forks look good, one fork is a little different than the other two from the factory. It is possible that it may have heated up a bit causing it to turn blue but i am not sure...I am not sure what colors those metals show when they get stressed. has that fork ever not shifted correctly? It doesn't look like its been beat to H3LL are you having issues with your shifting?

As far as the undercut goes, it looks like their is a slight undercut, but not an aggressive undercut like what you may ask APE to do if you plan on racing your bike.

Sounds like a long winter. Hope it works out better than you planned.
Posted via Mobile Device

i dont have much to add other then i appreciate the pics! its always sweet to see pics of a guys project as he goes. Makes for a good refrence :beerchug:

Well I sent the trans off to R&D motorsports
I will post pics when it comes back

Back