winter mods complete !! Maybe ????

arthur39

Registered
Heck of a winter, started gathering pieces in December, Feel like I'm coming out of Hybernation :laugh: Bike was turboed last year but decided to go a little higher on the boost. Had spacer plate, studs, undercut tranny, hight volume oil pump, degreed cams, hd shift shafts etc, etc, done last year. I pulled it again for some Wossner Pistons, Crower Rods, Robinson HD Output Shaft, Case Studs, New Bearings, Ape HD Valve springs, Crank balanced, counter balancer removed, Evo shift kit, and went wit a MTC multistage, Billet inner and outer, and most importantly Lee's performance windage tray :rofl: . It runs great I have about 250 break in miles on it with a nice base map done by Powerhouse last year. I though I was done..... but I found someone selling a a/w plenum with heat exchanger for a price I couldn't pass up, so I really went for broke and jumped on it... any how, the a/w plenum was a lot of work as well, plumbing all the lines, modifying the radiator, up pipes etc. etc. Just got the hold downs on and the horn back on. Horn had to be modified as well to fit with the heat exchanger. I got it the way I want it, so enough out of me here are some final assembly pics..... :thumbsup:

fullplumb.jpg

plenum.jpg

full-dress.jpg

remote.jpg

street bike, gonna tune it with 93 octane, Id like to break the 300 barrior on pump, any more will be icing on the cake, I want to get a feel for this plenum, Hopefully 16 to 18psi on pump. Might just shoot for 15lb tune to be safe. Want to get a feel for it first. Get some feedback as well on this. It's boost referenced through a PC3, Multifunction HUb, GM 3bar map, Walbro Pump, billet rail, 8an feed, S2000 injectors FMU, for anyone wondering about fueling. AMS500 running the solenoids off of manifold pressure. First stage on button, second stage through the HUb. Spring dynoed at 7.8

wanted to give a honorable mention to the FMU, It's Corky Bell's new shimless design with new valving, this is my trophy :laugh: My first turbo bike was stolen and this was one of the parts I got back. I hold this piece with high regards......

yeah I sent my FMU off to be upgraded last week, waiting on it to come back so I can ride again:whistle:

Shim less or not, that much boost on an fmu is really pushing it. And if your only looking for 300, why build the motor? Stock motors with spacers are plenty capable.

I'm pretty sure it will be more like 325, at 16lbs, it's boost referenced with gm3bar, AMS500m, the fmu can definately handle it, just keeping it simple for now, I'll turn it up more at a later date. I didn't feel like pulling the engine and getting that far into a build and skimping out on rods and pistons. I'd rather have that kind of security then take a risk of the stock rods failing. And now I have the option of adding more horsepower at a later date if I feel the need. Just some added insurance. At 16lbs boost I definately needed HD valve springs, studs. So while I was throwing in the undercut trans and hd output shaft, which is suggested with any turbo that makes hard launches. I went the extra mile with rods, that become unreliable at 300, so why take the chance. Believe me wossner pistons, crower rods, and lightened, balanced crank, this motor spins real easy. It's a beast, night and day with a built motor. I'm not running it at 300 + horspower that often so I wanted a quick spool up and a wide range of power on and off boost. Ill post up my numbers in a month or so....

The boost bugs bit somebody, and is hanging on :laugh:
Nice bike :thumbsup:
And good thing you're planning ahead, you ARE going to want more power......

Back