Windy!!

smallestpilot

Registered
This is no way to start up threads when you havent done one in a long time, but i just got a call from wife and the damn wind blew my bike right over!! She had to have a nieghbor come over to pick it up and now it all scratched up. Do you guys use house insurance for this or just fix it out of pocket? This really bites. And i know were gonna bring up the kickstand mod here and no i have not done this, so im kicking myself right now for not listening to all of you along time ago!

Geezzzzzzzz
sadnews.gif
, that must have been a lot of Wind to blow the bike over even without the mod
sad.gif

Radio is saying 90 kms per hour gusts, or for you guys south of the canadian border, 56 miles per hour!! i guess we know the tip over point now!

did it fall on the left side or the right side of the bike if it fell over on the right side of the bike then bro the kick stand mod would have done you no good cause the wind was that strong. If it fell on the left side I am still not sure if the kick stand mod would have done you any good still cause if it fell on that side sound like you did not have your kick stand all the way forward.  Don't get me wrong the kick stand mod is a good thing but if the wind is strong enough I don't think it would matter.  My girl stays in the Stable covered up I try and keep here out of the elements when she is not being rode she is a through breed you know  
beerchug.gif

Bike fell on the right side, thats how strong the wind was! Might be time to build my garage now, just so it doesnt happen again!

Yep if fell on the right side my good man the kick stand mod would have done you no good sorry to hear about your bike.

Yep if fell on the right side my good man the kick stand mod would have done you no good sorry to hear about your bike.
why would it have not helped?? right side being the brake lever side,if she was leaning more to the left where the kickstand is it is more the wind would have to lift up in order to tip over??

why would it have not helped?? right side being the brake lever side,if she was leaning more to the left where the kickstand is it is more the wind would have to lift up in order to tip over??
It would not have been that much more weight not to mention the Busa with it full fairings has a large sail area. Also didn't he say the winds were blowing over 50 MPH if you ask me I just don't think it would have help in such strong winds just my 2 cents DD but like I also said the Kick stand mod is a good thing to do

No 'busa should be on it's side.

Here's one of mine when I got rear-ended in the Hollywood Hills in December '06 on my original '06LE.

It still makes me queasy to see.

Sorry for your misfortune, dude.

Mother Nature still rules...

Injured_Busa_3_e_.jpg

Here's one of mine when I got rear-ended in the Hollywood Hills in December '06 on my original '06LE.

That sux, atleast it was a $100,000 mercedes that hit you. Not some 89 corsica without insurance........
beerchug.gif

That sux, atleast it was a $100,000 mercedes that hit you. Not some 89 corsica without insurance........  
beerchug.gif
I know, huh...lucky for me.

I've been hit (in my cage) before by a non-insured ESL motorist.  Glad to have the uninsured motorist coverage, but talk about making you feel raped by non-conforming society.  Life can be so unfair.

Anyway, not to hijack the thread...or anything...
hijack.gif

spank.gif

sorry to hear about that bro. I'm getting the same wind storm today. 90k plus gust's. The side stand mod wouldn't have helped you out. I would invest in a solid rear stand if she is left outside in the wind all the time. Mine's stripped down on front and rear stand awaiting a polish job.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune... people dont believe me when i tell them that the wind can blow your bike over. I've known 3 different people to get their bikes blown over here where i live as well... 2 of them were 1K's and one was a busa... I guess if Oklahoma didnt suck so bad we wouldnt have this problem!
whistling.gif

I bought a lowering side stand. And put it on a pretty good lean. Take some serious wind to knock mine over.

I've seen semis blown over, so blowing a bike over is no problem. Sorry to hear about your bike.

Back