Windy ride today

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
Rode over to the coast today went HWY1 to Skaggs Springs again we started out with four riders, two guys from my work and Greyrocket from the org family

about 20 miles into it we were getting gusts of cross winds somewhere around 40mph its was the deal were you would lean while riding straight thing...anyhow Greyrocket gets this gust and swerves, almost cliping the concrete divider he had enough at that point and just headed on back the rest of the trip across the valley was intense but once we got to the hills it wasent bad and we saw quit a few other bikes
smile.gif

John i dont blame ya for turning around, that wind was the worst i ever rode in and honostly i was kinda wishing i had to about half way across.......buuuuuut, heres what ya missed
firedevil.gif
tounge.gif

we stoped here its a winery but we dident drink, just rested

4_15__07ride_28__2_.jpg

we stoped here lunch its a place i just love called the "DOG HOUSE" its at Bodega bay and while we were there and since it was so windy

4_15__07ride_03__2_.jpg

while i was taking this pic a guy stops in a truck and says theres a cop down there there was whomever you may be
bowdown.gif

4_15__07ride_20__2_.jpg

ok so i was the fourth rider who went home. its was just to dam windy and having a wind gust shoot me across 2 lanes on hwu 80 about 2 feet from concrete that was enogh  
SHOCKED.gif
. yo rob looked fun i dont know how you stayed on the road it just seemed to get worse from when i got home.

(greyrocket @ Apr. 16 2007,00:26) ok so i was the fourth rider who went home. its was just to dam windy and having a wind gust shoot me across 2 lanes on hwu 80 about 2 feet from concrete that was enogh  
SHOCKED.gif
. yo rob looked fun i dont know how you stayed on the road it just seemed to get worse from when i got home.
i hear ya man it was unreal out of the hills i dont blame ya one bit going back, plus we were only 20 miles into it so it was no big deal
smile.gif

that wind SUCKS!!!!
guns.gif

it was fun though on skaggs it was protected good from the wind by the hills and we almost got a ticket
eek2.gif

i see a good ride no crashes but dam that wind was the worse i have been in ever. later i'am going to sleep later all. i need to be sober in the morning my moms birthday monday
beerchug.gif

Back