Windscreen and mirror vibration.

torquemonsterr

Registered
The windscreen and mirror on my 2011 hayabusa seems to be vibrating and shaking a lot at speed around 180km/h (110mph), wondering if anyone else having the same issue and is it normal for the mirror and windscreen to vibrate at such speed?

windscreen vibrating, never heard of that.....tighten down your screws maybe, vibration of the mirrors are normal for mirrors :thumbsup:

Try going a little faster ( over 200 kmph) to see if the vibration eases out or increases . How much miles on the bike ?

mine is a 2011 as well and doesnt do that till about 160. not to worry though it smoothes out at 170+

Try going a little faster ( over 200 kmph) to see if the vibration eases out or increases . How much miles on the bike ?

got my bike in june 2011, done around 23000km(14000 miles, I ride everyday), i've checked all the screws and all are tight. I think it still vibrates a lot at higher speeds.

Forgot to mention, its a stock windscreen and mirrors and the windscreen flex quite a lot, does that have anything to do with the vibration?

The stock mirrors vibrate but not to a point where they become unusable. Try swapping the screen with another stock screen or an after market one like ZG/Puig. Same goes with the mirrors.

Thanks for all the replies, i think i've got it. It could be the front tire as i am still on my first tire and its bald. I'll change it tomorrow and see if it fix the problem.:)

Change the tire and make sure it's balanced and has the proper air pressure in it

Just what i was going to say:
How are your tires or any wear
But seems your on the right path by changing your tires...

sent from my busa

Back