Wind Screen Vibration

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
I have an 05 LE and have noticed that I have a vibration in the windscreen and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on how to reduce or get rid of the vibration? Ya'll have been a great help with everything else thanks for such a great board you guy have really helped me keep money in my wallet were it belongs in stead of the repair shops hands.

2005_GSX1300RZK5.jpg

Put electrical tape around the nose tab and the two outer tabs near the retaining fasteners... Vibration is because of the plasitic sitting loose inside the fairing.

For amplifying instructions:
Remove the small screws in the upper fairing, just inside the mirrors. When you have both of those out, then you wil be able to simply pull back and up on the windscreen and see the tabs that I am talking about. Worst case, if the screws start spinning inside the slipper nuts, then you might have to pull out the inner fairings around the gauge cluster to hold the nuts... sometimes you can just pop the push rivets and pull the upper flange out enough to get in there, but sometimes you need more space than that.

No sweat - I am here for you. unfortunately, I am limited to one answer a day - so for anyone else reading this thread - MCM is now closed for business.

Yeah, right
all_coholic.gif

I used that puffy stuff that you put around the door to keep drafts out.. electrical tape just didn't cut it. I still have a slight vibration.. need to check it again.

(MC MUSTANG @ Mar. 02 2007,08:23) No sweat - I am here for you.  unfortunately, I am limited to one answer a day - so for anyone else reading this thread - MCM is now closed for business.

Yeah, right  
all_coholic.gif
laugh.gif

that aint true but it is funny

you would help anyone in need
bowdown.gif

I used the electrical tape routine on mine, but I had to use more than one layer. I think I put it 3 layers deep in spots to get the vibration to stop.

(MC MUSTANG @ Mar. 02 2007,11:00) Put electrical tape around the nose tab and the two outer tabs near the retaining fasteners... Vibration is because of the plasitic sitting loose inside the fairing.
+1
beerchug.gif

The puffy stuff you use around the doors is a good idea. Thank you. I put a ton of electrical tape on mine and it still vibrates.

I used 1/8 in thick foam from a craft store ... comes in different colors ... mine is black. Cut a strip about an inch or so wide and cover the nose and tabs as discussed above - reinstall the screen and if you have to - trim any of the foam away with an exacto knife ... no mess, fuss. I actually went back in and put a strip all the way around the base of the screen ... hope it helps. Deadeye

Use some thin weather strip pref black Lowes or Home Depot a big roll is cheap put the sticky side on the windsheild, center and sides be carefull not to tear it puting the sheild back

Back