Windows XP Dummy

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
Alright Windows XP Guru's ... I need to know the keystrokes to use to capture what is showing on the monitor and paste it to another page or print it etc. Most of the time it is used for creating step by step tutorials on how to do things on the PC. i need to use it for Printing what is showing on my screen for future reference. Your help is appreciated.
Moose

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137266741 -->

I've seen Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, but never heard of Windows XP Dummy... is that from mac? ? ?
biggrin.gif

ALT-PRTSC [alt-print screen] captures just the active window. PRTSC grabs the whole desktop. Then you can PASTE it into word or paint or whatever

Do you see that PrintScreen button on top of your keyboard?

It captured your screen in clipboard, just like copy or ctrl+c

Then you can do whatever you want with it.

If you have more questions PM me, I`ll give you my phone #

Thanks! Any other useful shortcuts you know about will be good to know as well. I'm going to use the first tips here to copy and paste the info into word and print them out for reference. THANKS

Thanks! Any other useful shortcuts you know about will be good to know as well. I'm going to use the first tips here to copy and paste the info into word and print them out for reference. THANKS
Use the windows help, really. I don`t know what shortcuts do you want, you can create your own..

I love AL-TAB, open multiple windows and try it.

One of my favorite tricks is to hit F11 while using Internet Explorer. Looks like I'm going to be learning a lot more ...

Back