WIND???

(dadofthree @ May 15 2007,11:flamethrowing:)
(Revvv @ May 15 2007,14:26) I don't mind riding in the wind. It gives you that "Bobble Head Doll" feeling.  
firedevil.gif
Pull in behind an 18 wheeler and you'll be set.  
laugh.gif
Isn't that what we're supposed to do?
rock.gif

It's really windy out here, normal day is 10 to 20 mph which is really OK because you get use to it. But winds 20 mph to 30 mph is a little high and I don't go riding with winds steady of 20-25 mph with gust to 30 mph up. You can do OK if your careful, but you really bet beat up and it really isn't any fun  
beerchug.gif

I posted this a while back but I have had really good results when I keep my tank bag full at stopping the buffeting you get in windy conditions. Mine seemed to have a lot of turbulent air in the cockpit if the tank bag was not full. So I keep an old Wine Box bladder in my bag and just inflate as necessary. Voila! Sounds stupid I know but it works for me.

(Tybalt71 @ May 15 2007,07:19) I aclerate more and speed up and use the Busa'a aerodynamics to cut through the wind! A Busa is very steady and sturdy and cuts the wind beautifully. for me anyway! I find if u slow down , the more prone you are to being tossed around and blown all over. I try and maintain momentum and just speed up to cut the wind.
Exactly for me too! If I lean off the windward side and counter-steer to keep the bike straight up and the wheels don't blow out from under me very much. It takes a lot of concentration and a little bit of quick reaction to ride with the winds gusting to 50 mph. If it's over 50, I'll take the truck to work.

(dadofthree @ May 15 2007,11:flamethrowing:) Pull in behind an 18 wheeler and you'll be set.  
laugh.gif
Way too much turbulence behind an 18 wheeler.
wow.gif

And have you ever seen a semi go over a PALLET on the fwy? It shoots out splinters and large shards of wood right at ya!
wow.gif

wow.gif

Back