WIND???

kennym4

Registered
Was ridding a little this morning and the wind really started to pick up, I have road in kinda strong wind.(I'm sure it's nothing like our midwest brothers & sisters) And I'm sure we have all had the unexpected lane change from wind gusts,

MY question is,
How much wind is too much wind ?
when does wind start to get dangerous ?(mph)

I guess the answer will be different due to everyone's level of experience and skill but for me... as soon as I feel like I'm doubting my own skills - I stay off highways and head for back roads towards home. My other bike will "lane change" on me in strong winds but the busa seems to want to sweep the wheels from under me and that's too scary for my skill level.

I can only tell you what i do, doesnt it make it the right or wrong answer or even the smartest one, but on my Busa, I aclerate more and speed up and use the Busa'a aerodynamics to cut through the wind! A Busa is very steady and sturdy and cuts the wind beautifully. for me anyway! I find if u slow down , the more prone you are to being tossed around and blown all over. I try and maintain momentum and just speed up to cut the wind.

I'm not a fan of windy riding, but if you're out and about and far from home, not much choice
smile.gif

If it's a windy day, I mean a really windy day, I park it...nothing fun about riding a sail boat at 60 mph in the wind with nothing but asphault to break the fall...
wow.gif

yeah it does feel like the wheels want to come out from under you !!!

LCB your from Newark too ? where do you like to ride ? 896,301,495 are starting to get borring !!! (only because the traffic)

If the wind gust 20 to 30mph,I usually take my cruiser for long rides.Hard side wind gusts doesn't affect it.20 and below run the busa.Tybalt71 is right about cutting wind fast.Been hit by hard gust in the side at 150+doesn't affect the busa at all,does move your head to the side a little.

Hey Kenny - Most of my riding is last minute with no plans... No particular fav places, I just go where the road goes half the time. We're looking to ride somewhere this weekend so if you're interested, I'll let you know the details as soon as we figure them out!

(LCB @ May 15 2007,10:18) I guess the answer will be different due to everyone's level of experience and skill but for me... as soon as I feel like I'm doubting my own skills - I stay off highways and head for back roads towards home. My other bike will "lane change" on me in strong winds but the busa seems to want to sweep the wheels from under me and that's too scary for my skill level.
That's the second post today where extreme skillz were shown.
super.gif

(VaBusa @ May 15 2007,10:20) I'm not a fan of windy riding, but if you're out and about and far from home, not much choice
smile.gif

If it's a windy day, I mean a really windy day, I park it...nothing fun about riding a sail boat at 60 mph in the wind with nothing but asphault to break the fall...
wow.gif
Truer word have never been spoken, Chelle knows wind
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ May 15 2007,14:31)
(VaBusa @ May 15 2007,10:20) I'm not a fan of windy riding, but if you're out and about and far from home, not much choice
smile.gif

wow.gif
laugh.gif
No, I know hot air and you're full of it!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Revvv @ May 15 2007,14:26) I don't mind riding in the wind. It gives you that "Bobble Head Doll" feeling.
firedevil.gif
Pull in behind an 18 wheeler and you'll be set.
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ May 15 2007,14:flamethrowing:)
smile.gif

wow.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
D03 on the run
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ May 15 2007,14:flamethrowing:)
(VaBusa @ May 15 2007,14
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
smile.gif

wow.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
D03 on the run  
laugh.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Tucking in seems to help....you'll get used to riding in the wind. When I first started riding, it was windy as heck and I was going over a very tall bridge here. I got caught in a crosswind (about 40 mph gust or more) at the top of the bridge and believe me it scared the mess out of me. because I was really wasn't expecting it....But now it's not that bad because I"m paying a whole lot more attention in those situations...

You're gonna 'feel' winds that are over 10mph and it's not fun. When I'm caught in wind it feels like my body is gonna fall off the bike! I just try to stay relaxed and smooth and ride through it all.

Oh, yeah... and trust the bike. Know that it can handle it. Trust the busa's ability to go through the wind.

(Tybalt71 @ May 15 2007,07:19) I can only tell you what i do, doesnt it make it the right or wrong answer or even the smartest one, but on my Busa, I aclerate more and speed up and use the Busa'a aerodynamics to cut through the wind! A Busa is very steady and sturdy and cuts the wind beautifully. for me anyway! I find if u slow down , the more prone you are to being tossed around and blown all over. I try and maintain momentum and just speed up to cut the wind.
+1!
I speed up and she tucks in and slices through heavy cross-winds with ease. I have yet to feel uncomfortable or unstable in winds that can frequently gust to 50MPH in this neck of the woods.

Back