Willow Springs Track day

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
Well, another track day in the books. It was the WORST wind conditions I've (as well as all the WSMC club racers) have ever experienced. But....I pulled my best personal lap times that day (1:36's all day) in 50 MPH wind gusts. Go figure...
wow.gif

T4 sequence:
CP2_3357.jpg

CP2_3358.jpg

CP2_3359.jpg

CP2_3360.jpg

CP2_3361.jpg

T6 high-speed off camber right
CP2_3839.jpg

CP2_3842.jpg

CP2_3843.jpg

CP2_3844.jpg

T2-I'm finally hitting this constant radius right hander @ 120 MPH. I actually got a knee down towards the end of the day and started backing her in and steering with the rear (or my rear tire is starting to go). You might be able to see some of the oversteer happening here...

CP2_4534.jpg

Oh yeah, That's a new Yoshimura TRC full exhaust you see there.
CP2_4535.jpg

CP2_4641.jpg

CP2_4642.jpg

CP2_4643.jpg

If you don't mind a little constructive critique.....tuck that off side foot in and maintain contact with the balls of your feet and not the heel. If your foot comes off the peg in that situation it could result in an very ugly high side.
wink.gif

(newmill @ Apr. 13 2007,14:19) If you don't mind a little constructive critique.....tuck that off side foot in and maintain contact with the balls of your feet and not the heel. If your foot comes off the peg in that situation it could result in an very ugly high side.  
wink.gif
I know. You're talking about the outside foot that's away from the inside of the turn, right?

I hang off better that way then when I come in for T5, I retuck that outside foot (which now becomes the inside for the left hander). It's a Mat Mladin technique I guess.

(newmill @ Apr. 13 2007,14:19) If you don't mind a little constructive critique.....tuck that off side foot in and maintain contact with the balls of your feet and not the heel. If your foot comes off the peg in that situation it could result in an very ugly high side.  
wink.gif
OK. Now I understand what you mean. Basically, since I'm cornering right and all the weight is on my right knee, the left might slip off the peg and upset the bike's balance.

I think I've seen vids of Rossi losing it that way.

Thanx for looking out bro.
beerchug.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Apr. 12 2007,22:26)
wink.gif
OK. Now I understand what you mean. Basically, since I'm cornering right and all the weight is on my right knee, the left might slip off the peg and upset the bike's balance.

I think I've seen vids of Rossi losing it that way.

Thanx for looking out bro.  
beerchug.gif
Most recently Kenny Roberts. It reinforces the "Pridmore rule" that we all can be better riders no matter what level of experience we have...no person is perfect.

And as far as looking out for you...I'm just studying your superior form
cool.gif

Just saw this post. Awsome pics. After getting to ride with you, I have an idea of how fast you are. It was great to meet you bro. See ya at Miller.

Back