Moving towards the direction of track days

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I did some checking today on track days. finally got the info I was looking for.

Willow Springs is setup where you have a $50.00 a year membership fee, then I have to pay a one time fee of $50.00 for a track class I have to attend, and then after that all I do is pay $130.00 for each track day.

They hold track days for sports riders everything 3rd Friday of the month.

And the bike prep for the sports riders group is very minimal.

And Willow Springs is about 160 miles from me.

So I am thinking my street racing days are coming to a close and my track racing days are in my future..

I am getting excited!!!

WooHoo--i did my first track today---laid down many a Doohan darkie they said. Fernly Nevada. A very sweet 2.4 mile circuit--seven bikes on a Monday. Set tires to 38 psi...taped up  all lenses--no safety wire--nobody crashed and a good time was had by all. I did three 30 minute sessions---about 66 laps total of which i hit 143-144 mph about 55 times---WHOA what a rush.On Michelin Pilot Road compound tires. Here a few pictures.  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "miss-spelling"|1116946278 -->

Busa_5.JPG

Don't really under stand but the hotter the brakes got the stronger they worked....i know that a couple of times the back tire came up. Unreal day.

Ps i had not worn my leather since 1991--and boots---i am still a skinny little s__t @ 148 pounds.

Back