Will this lift work on the Busa?

Good glad they helped you.
I love to tinker with things and I figured out I may as well record whatever it is I'm doing in order to try to help others.

hey guys, I was doing a search on stands, and found this thread. I figured I might not want to start a new thread, but I would just dig up this recently dead thread.

A year ago or so, I was given a jack much like the one in the first post of this thread. It is wonderful for my dirtbike which has the skidplate and frame on the bottom, but I have always been afraid to use it on the busa. Lately I have been considering buying front and rear stands, but haven't had the money.

Reading this thread makes me wonder if I can actually use this jack on my busa. I do not care about stability, I will strap it to the jack. The one thing I am worried about is the headers bending from the weight of the busa. Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether or not the headers will be damaged from the weight of the busa?

I use this method with no problems...

IMG_0008.jpg

is the bike's weight on the headers?

Like I said I really want to use my jack, but am not sure if it will damage my headers.

If I were you and all you need to do is get the bike off the ground enough so the wheels spin, I would get a good set of front and rear stands. I got my stands from HandyTools.com. They were like 120 for both of them.

Back