Will this lift work on the Busa?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I need something cheap to do minor work on the bike and I wondered if this would do the trick?

02792.gif

I use one like that on mine all the time. Just make sure you have it centered on the stand and it will work great. I'm at work now so cant take pics but I love it.:thumbsup:

What are you gonna put it under ?
Wont it crush fairing or exhaust or something ?

Your word 'cheap' we usually live to regret.

I notice Goodwrench has '03 I wonder if a genI is easier to do ?

Why not just get a proper stand man ?
Really nothing holding bike ?
Put a good cranking on a nut and its gonna move aint it ?

On the Gen1 the lift fits perfectly on the exhaust with the oil pan between the bars of the lift. I always take my plastic off, but it will fit with the plastic on. my lift has hooks for tie down straps. I have used it for over 3 years on mine and several other bikes with no problems. like I said if it's balanced right, no worries.
a lot of people say it will crush or bend the exhaust, but I disagree. I work on a lot of bikes other than my own and have never had a problem using this lift. I don't have room for a lift table, but if HF keeps having the deals on them I'm gonna make room
I didn't notice he had a gen2 so I'm not sure about using it one those.

Last edited:
Works fine on gen 2 I use one on mine and they are good jacks I have put a few hundred bikes on mine in the shop.

I have used them on full framed bikes they work great havent used it on a BUSA would liketo see pictures though

ahhhhhhhh with plastics off yes...or..do i like i do...3/8 steel rod basic jack and jack stands (with a 5-6 inch wood box to set them on) use a normal car jack (can be done alone but helps having someone steady)...cost....20 bucks...and can keep plastics on...

ahhhhhhhh with plastics off yes...or..do i like i do...3/8 steel rod basic jack and jack stands (with a 5-6 inch wood box to set them on) use a normal car jack (can be done alone but helps having someone steady)...cost....20 bucks...and can keep plastics on...

It will work with plastics on as well, I usually take mine off because I'm going to do something that requires them to be off anyway. I have done it both ways and the lift works great. My brother bought mine in exchange for some work I did to his 1000, so the price was nothing more than a few minutes of my time.:poke:

Definately interested in pics as I have wondered how to use a jack, I have been content with stands but always open to other options :laugh:

LOL.
Funny thing is I remember not using nothing crawling around on the ground. Then me and buddy got a lift like that, it was great, then bike stands and wow so much quicker, now looking at a table lift. Seems to be never ending.
Few things I've learned using a lift like the pic.
1. Extra hands make you feel alot more comfortable lifting it up.
2. Pull plastic, nothing as gut wrenching as the sound of breaking plastic.
3. Lowered bikes can be a PITA to lift. My harley takes 3 people to get up on one of those.
4. Once up to work height strap it to lift. Had my gixxer tip on me once not again.
5. If your doing exhaust it ain't gonna help.

I use one, without the plastics, to change the front wheel. Lift it right on the header. Most of my maint is done on a front and rear stand.

removed pair valve and lowered it with soupy's front and back. same exact lift. I removed the plastics and used straps. Lifted under the pipes. Got it for 50 on craigslist he delivered it too.

Last edited:
I have one that I use on my Warrior with a full frame and my Polaris sportsman. I have not used on the Busa. I also have a table lift from Harbor Freight( the lower one with foot pump)that works great. I place bike on stands once on table and strap down so it cant roll forward or back and get to work.

DSC00301.JPG

Unfortunately I don't have the room for the full size bikelift. I have been eyeballing it, trust me. I decided to go with bike stands instead, front and rear just to get it upright. I have to work a bit harder when removing fairing bolts by the handlebars, but it's ok.

Thanks for the input gents.

I use one like that on mine all the time. Just make sure you have it centered on the stand and it will work great. I'm at work now so cant take pics but I love it.:thumbsup:

LOL.
Funny thing is I remember not using nothing crawling around on the ground. Then me and buddy got a lift like that, it was great, then bike stands and wow so much quicker, now looking at a table lift. Seems to be never ending.
Few things I've learned using a lift like the pic.
1. Extra hands make you feel alot more comfortable lifting it up.
2. Pull plastic, nothing as gut wrenching as the sound of breaking plastic.
3. Lowered bikes can be a PITA to lift. My harley takes 3 people to get up on one of those.
4. Once up to work height strap it to lift. Had my gixxer tip on me once not again.
5. If your doing exhaust it ain't gonna help.

Unfortunately I don't have the room for the full size bikelift. I have been eyeballing it, trust me. I decided to go with bike stands instead, front and rear just to get it upright. I have to work a bit harder when removing fairing bolts by the handlebars, but it's ok.

Thanks for the input gents.
:goodboy:

Was worried next thread might be... 'cheap stand makes my bike fall ! '

Blanca, I used your tutorial to remove the fairings. I only did it once before and I figured I would re-learn so I didn't have to fuss with figuring it out again.

Thanks! :beerchug:

Back