Will suzuki be making any upgrades on 2013?

According to my local dealer, nothing until '14. Having problems with the cosmetic changes to the rear end.

It'll be several more years before suzuki thinks the economy and their finances are ready for a major busa make-over. And the gixxer 1000 will get first dibbs. It needs it :laugh:

If Suzuki don't get their act together soon I am gonna get a Charley-Davidson:D
Before you go and lay out all that cash i hope you test ride one,like night and day.After not riding for some time (15years).Iwent an bought a harley,screaming eagle fatboy,im still kicking myself for what i paid for it,because the only differance between that bike and the fatboy is the paint and chrome to the tune of 12000dollars the bike cost me 34000,i must have been out of my mind.So after owning it for 3 months i get on my friends busa and the rest is history,anyway i hope that you test ride one before you make a purchase,i hear that harley is moving part of its operations to India,im sure that there are alot of people in india waiting to buy a harley davidson,whats going on in this country ,everybody leaving home.

Suzuki just announced a major new improvement in the 2014 bikes. In a direct answer to Kawasaki and their ZX14R Suzuki stated that the Hayabusa will once again be the best performing machine in regular production. To start the process of reinventing the Busa into the #1 bike, they have gone right down to bending metal. A new and improved kickstand will be on the bike that clearly is better than Kawasaki's. To go along with the new metal, a nice new color choice will be added. 2014 will change the bike world forever!! :rofl:

Suzuki just announced a major new improvement in the 2014 bikes. In a direct answer to Kawasaki and their ZX14R Suzuki stated that the Hayabusa will once again be the best performing machine in regular production. To start the process of reinventing the Busa into the #1 bike, they have gone right down to bending metal. A new and improved kickstand will be on the bike that clearly is better than Kawasaki's. To go along with the new metal, a nice new color choice will be added. 2014 will change the bike world forever!! :rofl:
:laugh:

I started getting excited with your first 2 sentences :(

Well I got the wife to give me a nod on purchasing a new machine so I went to the local Kawasaki dealership to trade in my 2008 Blue Hayabusa for the new 2012 ZX14R. After mulling over the shinny new candy blue ZX14, sitting on it, looking at it from different angles I just did not feel excited. I felt the bike was missing something and the black wheels with the weird side vent things just looked off and the exhaust with the fake brush aluminum came off cheap not to mention the 8 or so screws to hold down the windscreen did NOT look clean, and the mirrors were cheap. I ended up looking at the limited 2012 Busa thinking, maybe I just buy a 4 year newer Busa, but I love blue and since there is no blue this year I left with no sale and $14k richer. Maybe next year.

Coming from the Zx11, ZZR1200, world I have been waiting for Kawasaki to make another beautiful hyper sport machine , until then I will keep buying Busa.

Hear is my wish list for the next Busa.

Better Brakes, maybe optional Brembos
200rwhp, 115rwtq
Abs option
Traction control option
Updated computer for mpg, trip, stuff like that
Must keep the red amber lit analog guages
Bring back the dark blue from 2008 model, but with silver rims
Mirrors that stick out 2inches more

The majority of people riding these bikes never ride them anywhere near their limits,but they've just got to have the latest and greatest for bragging rights ... love these guys ... easy meat :laugh:

im2fast4uguys said:
The majority of people riding these bikes never ride them anywhere near their limits,but they've just got to have the latest and greatest for bragging rights ... love these guys ... easy meat :laugh:

I really dont care what kawasaki has, i like the looks of the busa..
The way i look at it is, i can always buy another bike..there always forsale..but i like the looks of the gen1 busa..i like the fact that u can mod these bikes the way u want it..not just off the shelf bike..i dont need all the new stuff like abs traction control..i like things simple, but thats just me..an as far as a kawasaki out powering me..thats what a turbo kits for..i hope the new bikes have alot of hp, so i can have a reason to get a bigger turbo..
But i agree suzuki does need to make some changes for the new year..

It'll be several more years before suzuki thinks the economy and their finances are ready for a major busa make-over. And the gixxer 1000 will get first dibbs. It needs it :laugh:

The GSXR-1000 just got a new engine for 2012....

If I had to take a guess at this.... We won't be seeing any changes for the 2013 model. I'm thinking probably more color options, but I truly believe 2014 will bring a new model. It will have to have ABS according to euro standards so it only makes sense to bring out a new platform

Last edited:
The GSXR-1000 just got a new engine for 2012....

If I had to take a guess at this.... We won't be seeing any changes for the 2013 model. I'm thinking probably more color options, but I truly believe 2014 will bring a new model. It will have to have ABS according to euro standards so it only makes sense to bring out a new platform

Here's hoping for a way to retrofit the ABS to the older gen 2's :please:

My Gen II is a good marriage, she still gets me real exited and I see no reason for a divorce, even if she gets a sister with longer legs. :laugh:

Back