Wife's Isuzu Trooper Died

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Well, we got the bad news mid day today. Spun the bearings on the crank. When I saw it the harmonic balancer was moving in a bad way. Dealer confirmed it today.

Guess what they want to stick in a shiney rebuilt engine? A mere 7K+...:banghead:

My wife loves that thing so I'm guessing were stuck with what ever they'll do.

Yep we have two, a manual on the right (Now DOA) and an auto on the right...like I said she's a fan.

Trooper Homecoming] 005.jpg

Wow... I would not have guessed that much. Sorry to hear it.

Yep we have two, a manual on the right (Now DOA) and an auto on the right...like I said she's a fan.

Do two rights make a wrong?

:laugh:

Couldn't resist. Sorry for the bad luck. I have a buddy who's wife won't let go of her Toyota Land Cruiser. It's gotta have a bazillion miles on it by now, she wants nothing to do with a new truck.. Women, huh.. Just tease me with a new truck, and I won't sleep for days.

Man that would be a good down payment on a new one. I would look into getting a used engine if she has to keep it.

None of the regular routes are lining up. Jasper doesn't provide the engine and those that do are few and far between. I have a couple of locals looking into a motor swap. We'll see..

$7k!!! No way!
Surely someone makes a rebuild kit for $1500ish, plus machine shop, and labor if you're not doing it.
Still easily half of $7k!!!

How about we all come down there for a 3rd Bash and rip your motor apart?

If we get enough guys down there, between all of us, we should be able to figure out how to put it back together, right?

You have enough chips and pretzels? Packing now....

I'm working on a summer trip to Mequon...I'll need to stop in and get some good WexMex while I'm there.

You should be able to have a good independent shop put a low mileage used engine in for $3000- $4000. The better wrecking yards will have a record of the miles that are on the engine and will provide a warranty with it (usually 90 days). The shop I was at for 8 years had better results with used engines that we had with Marshall rebuilt units. We had the best results rebuilding engines in house if the level of failure in the customers engine wasn't cost prohibitive.

Agreed!
You should be able to have a good independent shop put a low mileage used engine in for $3000- $4000. The better wrecking yards will have a record of the miles that are on the engine and will provide a warranty with it (usually 90 days). The shop I was at for 8 years had better results with used engines that we had with Marshall rebuilt units. We had the best results rebuilding engines in house if the level of failure in the customers engine wasn't cost prohibitive.

all you need is a short block...that should not be close to 7k even with labor....give me the year and model and i can find ya a motor...

How about we all come down there for a 3rd Bash and rip your motor apart?

If we get enough guys down there, between all of us, we should be able to figure out how to put it back together, right?

You have enough chips and pretzels? Packing now....

Beer and Jameson.....also. I do not come cheap.

Didn't Isuzu source their engines from Mazda? At least at one time I think they did...

Didn't Isuzu source their engines from Mazda? At least at one time I think they did...

That'd be weird if they did. Mazda is owned by Ford and Isuzu was owned by GM. At least that's what I think I remember. I forgot 99% of everything I used to know when I turned 35. :banghead:

Back