Wide tires

Klutch556

Registered
Yo... Wide tires are absolute ass! Lol so my buddy has a 2" over arm on his bike with a 240 tire.
My bike has a 4" over with factory wheels/tires.

When I first got my bike my buddy gave me poop saying that my 4" over was gonna destroy my handling as well as lowering it. But honestly, my bikes handling feels almost like stock. His bike though.... My god it's atrocious! It feels like a damn trike! I really thought I wanted a wider tire, but after riding his bike, I quickly changed my mind lol

With all due respect, you simply are not riding the bike within it's capabilities or intention.
A 4" stretch and lowering does destroy the handling.
You can cruise around comfortably that way, and if that works for you, then great.
Just don't think that it will handle the same, or as good, because it cannot.
It will not corner nearly as well.

With all due respect, you simply are not riding the bike within it's capabilities or intention.
A 4" stretch and lowering does destroy the handling.
You can cruise around comfortably that way, and if that works for you, then great.
Just don't think that it will handle the same, or as good, because it cannot.
It will not corner nearly as well.
Yea my point was a wide tire does more to good time the handling than lowering and extending 4" and "cruising around" is it's intention. It's a sport touring bike, not a super sport chief.

Yea my point was a wide tire does more to good time the handling than lowering and extending 4" and "cruising around" is it's intention. It's a sport touring bike, not a super sport chief.

The Busa is listed as sport touring, but I assure you, on a road course, it takes expert level riding for a liter bike to outride a Busa, as the Busa's weight and width is only a minor detail until you reach the limits of it's handling...which is Much more than most think.

I was on a Busa group ride with BigRod330. He had a 330 tire and railed turns with the ease. It was insanity and went against the notion that wide tire bikes can’t handle. What I’ve found is that lowering is what hurts the most.

Back