Best 240 extended swing arm kit??

kyenski9iron

Registered
Hey everyone, Im in the market for purchasing a 240 kit. now a couple guys i ride with have stretched arms. One is using a RC 240 with no jack-shaft. The other guy has a Roaring Toyz 300 kit with a jack shaft. Now my issue is the 240 kit my buddy has makes his rear tire offset from center. So I guess my question to you experts is; "Is there a 240 kit out there, 2-4 inch over, that has no offset from center, and still retains good durability?" Any answer is to this is much appreciated, thanks guys for looking and letting me know.

PS - the reason im looking for 2-4 over is that im an agressive rider, ill admit, but i do love the look of that wider tire on the busa.

All I've seen are offset, on member had one that was all but centered, never got the facts on quite how he managed it.

When ya say your aggressive rider, what do you mean? If your draggin' knees or leading the pack through clovers and twisties, I'd shy away front the 240 all together.
The width, added length, and even the weight of the rear wheel all act to numb the ride. It's still fun and will corner with w bit more effort, but if your the twisties guy,,your gonna be mad.

I ran an All Things Chrome 240 for 2 season, looked sick and handled alright, but I noticed what I was missing when I went back to stock. I took it off last spring and its been sitting in corner ever since :lol:

Greggs SSSA 240 will center it.

Also a great alternative is what BigRod was saying is go with the 330 Outside drive kit.

:thumbsup:

as someone who has actually installed their own 240 kit, i don't see ANY way to center the wheel & not grind out the frame unless you do jackshaft or OSD. at that point you might as well do a wider wheel.

to center a 240 i had to shorten left wheel spacer, spin a shim for the right side, shim the 1/4" offset sprocket out farther, clearance the front sprocket cover & clearence 3/8" out of the frame. my chain to frame clearance & chain to rear tire clearance are about 1/16". you have to run a rivet master link, a clip style will rub.

during the process i seriously looked at dropping down to a 525 chain to make more room, but didnt want to have to make my own sprockets & deal w/ chain strength issues.

IMO, it looks killer (especially w/ the tail swap) & i'm glad its done now. i hated life while doing it.

it will slow u down. if ur an aggressive rider whats the point unless u really want that look. that look is for all show no go bikes imo but two each his own. and the cost and aggravation to do it hardly seems worth the effort.

as someone who has actually installed their own 240 kit, i don't see ANY way to center the wheel & not grind out the frame unless you do jackshaft or OSD. at that point you might as well do a wider wheel.

to center a 240 i had to shorten left wheel spacer, spin a shim for the right side, shim the 1/4" offset sprocket out farther, clearance the front sprocket cover & clearence 3/8" out of the frame. my chain to frame clearance & chain to rear tire clearance are about 1/16". you have to run a rivet master link, a clip style will rub.

during the process i seriously looked at dropping down to a 525 chain to make more room, but didnt want to have to make my own sprockets & deal w/ chain strength issues.

IMO, it looks killer (especially w/ the tail swap) & i'm glad its done now. i hated life while doing it.

How's the clearance between wheel/swingarm? Or does this also center it in the arm. We're doing 240 from
Jeepers Racing.....

How's the clearance between wheel/swingarm? Or does this also center it in the arm. We're doing 240 from
Jeepers Racing.....

its closer to center, but the shape of the arm will never let it be centered within the arm. keeping the dual exhaust was a little bit of a pain as well. roaring toys clearly meant for the arm to be run w/ low exit muffler.

Much appreciated info. Now i know what im in for. Lol.

getting the wheel centered is the easy part. making room for the chain is a pain. test fit, disassemble, tweak something, reassemble, repeat...

one thing that really screwed me for awhile was the shinko tire isn't 100% true. it (others may as well) had a left to right hop to it & when clearances/tolerances are that tight the smallest thing can cause huge issue.

Back