wide tire kits

Nsauble

Registered
What are some things I can expect if I put a wide tire kit on my ride as far as handling and performance. Plus's minus's anything. I am thinkin a 240 kit or bigger dependin on what input I get.

Not sure, but I'll let you know. I just order a 330 kit 10 inch over. A freind has one and said just have to work it a little more .....he has no chicken strips on that 330. Just has to turn in and out in a turn to let the front keep up. If you like the twisties and that is you main riding habbit than you still might want to think again. For me its lack there of...twisties, so its me and wifey cruising with fun, show, and performance.
beerchug.gif
Beleive me I will be posting pic when my kit comes in. Told 2 to 14 week wait!!!!!!

If your just rolling on/off the trailer or bar to bar with the hardleys, it will be perfect.
guns.gif

Just like anything else you do that changes stock config. There are going to be effects. Just think about it. Take these things into consideration weight, strain on components(transmission, chain etc) It looks cool and al,l but is it worth it? 3k to 11k. Will you get your money back? No. Ask the guy you buy it from if he would buy it back, Nope. I asked a dealer who sells 240 to 360 size swingarm kits that question in Greensboro and in a nut shell he confirmed it is not worth it but people are going to buy it. Just like any other fad. I my self see more sense in buying another bike before I dump a heap of money in one that is getting older everyday.

Back