Why is it that...

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
...This is the ONE bike that never stays stock? I mean its already Superfast and looks great and on top of the Moto-food chain. Where as other sportbikes I hear people saying she is staying stock, where-as the 'Busa its so easy to spend that darned $$ on? and does it ever stop lol?

I think it is a simple fact. On most other bikes you can buy a few aftermarket parts, nothing special. Now look at the parts for a busa. They make almost the whole bike. So why leave it stock?

biggrin.gif

The need to include that in the warning to new Busa owners. Parts available for this bike in the aftermarket will force you to replace the factory parts, so the price you paid is not the price it will ultimately cost you!

you spent money on your bike?

I mean I've only bought

carbon fiber:
front and rear fender
mirrors
intake covers
windshield

chrome:
rc wheels
brake reserviors
brake calibers
bolts
rearsets
swingarm
axles and blocks
brake arm and bar ends

solo tail and undertail was added so the $2000+ paintjob was a must!

Oh yeah did I mean the turbosystem?

BUT the only thing that hasn't gotten me divorced or even my wife pissed at me is the fact I am still $7K below what my father in law has in his dyna and that thing looks pretty much stock!

Mods is the way to go when you have a Busa bro! Its jus a fact of life.... yes sir
wink.gif

I think it's simply because there are more aftermarket goodies for a Busa than any other bike out there. The top of the food chain definitely deserves the best the aftermarket has to offer...
biggrin.gif

I know exactly what you mean. I bought my '01 back in September for $6000, and now I've spent another $3000+ since then.

Galfer pads (front & rear), Galfer stainless steel brake & clutch lines, frame sliders, new windscreen, EK ZVX chain, new sprockets, 220 indiglo gauges, speedohealer, muzzy aluminum fan blade, Jet Hott ceramic coated headers, Yosh carbon fiber slip ons, power commander, UFO undertail, pair block off plates, clear front signal lenses, new grips, Throttlemeister....I know there's stuff I'm forgetting, and it never stops.

It's a black hole for my money.

Yeah, I've stuck my foot in my mouth with this one...

I convinced my husband the THE reason I wanted a Busa was because it was perfect "as is". I was tired of modifying the Harley to be more functional and comfy...

Now, thousands of dollars later, I hear him mocking me...
blush.gif

Oh well, IT'S FUN!
biggrin.gif

Too bad they "handle like a tank-mhf ", can't wheelie, are slower than the 1000's etc. etc.
tounge.gif
It's funny you hear all this from people who have never even sat on one!

Mods never stop on this beast. I think that's what keeps it so fun, though, because it always feels like a new bike.

yes we bought the 03 bike with 5k miles and showroom condition for 7600$ from a dealership in Chicago, that had the auction on Ebay. Since I bought TRE, Pair block offs, Undertail kit, 3 sets of LED's, Hyperwhite headlight bulbs, Power Commander USB, new rear tire after 2000k miles, new brakes, K&N oil filter, 3 qaurts of AMSOIL pure synthetic oil and LOTS of time and I am still nowhere near done. Addicting

As much as I want to dump all money into this baby:
DVC00197.JPG

(Bike in Cali with Girlfriend, finally had a chance to take it out in the mountains)
MUDSV-60137682693.jpg

But I know I have to spend alot of Money and Time into this new baby Our Month old Jordyn:  
babyj24.jpg

babyj28.jpg

JordynEdit.jpg

Oh, how cute! I love that last pic of Jordyn! Makes my heart melt...
blush.gif

Back