Why I don't do "bike nights"

diesel

Registered
In Plant City, Fl they have a good sized bike night once a month. Basically, a lot of cruisers and fat women.
smile.gif
What do you do at a bike night....drink and look at the sea of black cookie cutter harleys.
Anyway, my brother owns a towing company out there and pulled in a bunch of them all night long (wrecked of course). The last one...the guy hits a bridge abuttment and flies off the road into a swamp. His buddy was telling the cops they had already pushed the guys bike out of 1 ditch and back on the road, then the 2nd time was when he was killed.

100% with you on this one, it's a "poser-ramma" around here...I have never understood the draw. However, it seems to go along with the whole harley mentality....just coming off 4 days of Bikes, Blues & BBQ here, never so glad to see a festival pass....let's all get hammered and try to hotrod an 800 lb. dinosaur back to the campground.
ss011.gif

We don't really have an official bike night here, but during the summers on Wednesday and Saturday nights there is a local grill that hosts live music and games. Most of the riders that show are harley riders but there a few sports bikes that make a showing. Lots of good food and some beer, nothing real bad at all, most of the crowd is seen drinking O'Douls or that non-alcohol Coors Light. Don't get me wrong there is the crowd that loves to drink in excess and then spin the rear tire, but you're always going to have the idiots our there that know best and don't wanna hear anything different.

heh, and you wanted us to have the meet and greet at that event next year
rock.gif
laugh.gif

we dont really have anything like those bike nights here but plenty of stupid riders and sometimes a handful of them gather at gas stations or parking lots.... cops break it up pretty quickly though

We have a few local ones here, lots of poser/ cookie cutter cruiser types, but still see interesting things there from time to time. I just don't get hammered with the rest of 'em and stay out of their way.

Although I do ride a Harley...I never could understand the drinking and riding. I guess it's just Darwinism at work.

I like the Road Sofa I've got, but I hate getting stereotyped in with all of the "typical" Harley riders. That's why I mainly ride alone unless it's a group ride for charity, or a day trip with the local group. If people start drinking on the way, then I just break away from the group and do my own ride.

OMFG.............I think we need to pass around the "Collection Plate"!
And I'll make sure and go to "Confession" today.........

I hear ya D. I usually make one pass thru or stop for a quick greasy burger and get back to riding. The fellowship is fun, but drinking and driving is as bad as... oh ... say... not wearing any gear
biggrin.gif

Quaker steak and lube here in Pinellas Park off 49th street does a "Bike night" every Wed. night and this thing is huge. I would guess about about 1200 to 2000 bikes on a good night and comes complete with L.E. to keep things toned down. Nice and it's about 1/2 sports and 1/2 of "the other guys"

I am not a Band Member........I am a Member of the Family!
Zakk is my Brother-N-Law!
COOOOL!!! BLS ROCKS!!! Keeps me going in the shop
smile.gif

I do the Plant City thing once in a while too. Not a whole lot going on for the sport bike crowd. I usually go during the day before any crazy stuff starts. We also have the Twilight Zone pre-Biketoberfest party coming up. That's always a hoot
smile.gif

smile.gif

I don't know about you guys but in South Florida there are a LOT of sportbike nights!  There is one every thursday at the Fuddrucker's restaurant in Fort Lauderdale and that attracts tons of sportbikes.  The main one I go to near my house in West Palm Beach is at the Hooters and you'll find anywhere from 40 to 100 bikes with a few cruisers tossed in.  I used to hang there a lot when I was riding more and I would have a blast.  You get a chance to see how people mod their rides, and the girls that ride there are gorgeous and cool as hell, not to mention the ride after is a rush.  I stick to my sodas because last thing I want is to end up a hood ornament.  A drink or two before driving a car is one thing but I don't fug around when it comes to my bike.

100% with you on this one, it's a "poser-ramma" around here...I have never understood the draw. However, it seems to go along with the whole harley mentality....just coming off 4 days of Bikes, Blues & BBQ here, never so glad to see a festival pass....let's all get hammered and try to hotrod an 800 lb. dinosaur back to the campground.  
ss011.gif
moondog i agree one hundred percent with you,bb&bbq is crazy.irefuse to go anymore its niether fun, family friendly(they sell it as such) or entertaining....being 10 ft. tall and bulletproof gets alot of people killed or badly hurt.

by the way i live in springdale man we should meet up sometime and go riding,been looking for other busa riders in area but i guess im thankful not everyone rides them.
rock.gif

Although I do ride a Harley...I never could understand the drinking and riding.  I guess it's just Darwinism at work.

I like the Road Sofa I've got, but I hate getting stereotyped in with all of the "typical" Harley riders.  That's why I mainly ride alone unless it's a group ride for charity, or a day trip with the local group.  If people start drinking on the way, then I just break away from the group and do my own ride.
I don't think Harley riders should be condemed as a group. There's way more squidly fugs around here. These turds don't even need booze. lane splittin' on one wheel,stunts on major hi-ways,girls wearin' not much more than a thong....on each foot.
its the mob mentality.

Most HD boyz an' girlz have truck loads of dough in their machines and won't risk them. Plus, for the most part they are an' older,wiser crowd.

There are of course,always "Exceptions to the rule".

My buddy use to buy trashed bikes from the local insurance dealers..... 80 to 1. Yup ,80:1. Jap bikes....sorry(don't need any PM's)...Import Bikes vs Harley.

Too much speed
Bad choices
Drinking
Wheelies gone bad
Tryin to outrun the cops
Inexperience
blah blah blah....

I rather ride with a bunch of ol' drunkin' gray beards and their hogs, than 1 0r 2 drunkin squids....

Disclaimer: personal opinion. RSD.

I rather ride with a bunch of ol' drunkin' gray beards and their hogs,  than 1 0r 2 drunkin squids....

Disclaimer:   personal opinion.   RSD.
I Sooooo Agree RSD.
+1       my dad is a drunkin' greybeard and so is his hog ,gives me $&#@ all the time about busa but have heard from his buddies he brags about his "boy's ricer" quite a bit
smile.gif

he knows
wink.gif
that is just plain cool
super.gif

I only do bike nights that are planned on the local sport riding forum. We rarely ever have a cruiser show up and we don't go where the Hardley riders go, or at least not when they go there. I enjoy the heck outta bike nights, but would never punish myself by goin' to a hog rider meet.

Back