Why I don't do "bike nights"

Although I do ride a Harley...I never could understand the drinking and riding. I guess it's just Darwinism at work.

I like the Road Sofa I've got, but I hate getting stereotyped in with all of the "typical" Harley riders. That's why I mainly ride alone unless it's a group ride for charity, or a day trip with the local group. If people start drinking on the way, then I just break away from the group and do my own ride.
You are one of the select few exceptions I'd make to my "no harley riders" policy.
beerchug.gif

Took me awhile to get the old man to get off of his BMW. The whole time he is looking at a HD. It took me about a month to talk him into a Busa, finally got him to sit on 1.

I prefer an older bike nite crowd, less craziness. Do I catch some shid on the Busa, sure, but them boys know. When they ask can they sit or take it for a spin. I tell em NO- you don't want your friends seein you, and you'll catch hell gettin your $ back outta that HD.
smile.gif

I have some great friends that ride harleys. Good folks! Of course I have had a harley in my garage all of my adult life. I still enjoy taking the "Hog" out on occasions. Actually, I have a Ultra Glide that does wheelies! :-) Yep, you heard it here first! I get lots of attention around the local harley shop about the wheelie prone Ultra!

One of my Harley Buddies just bought his first Sport Bike (Busa of course) about three weeks ago and you can't get him off that thing. He kept his Road King of course but is thrilled over his new Cranberry/Black busa!

Geee, we had Biker Night last night and lets see, it was Me, Rick and Charles ! We had a great turnout at the Sonic  
laugh.gif

I just love living in NO WHERE Oklahoma  
jump9.gif

ok it is now illegal to have poker runs in illinois. so one of the local bars and me are putting together a fun run this may. the proceeds are going to cancer foundation we are going to be grilling out hot dogs burgers stuff like that. the kicker is a bunch of off duty cops are going to be there and have the authority to take keys if they feel that someone is out of hand i think it is a great idea

Why is it that at most "Harley" events, there is alot more drinking than if you go to a sport bike event? It just seems like the Harley crowd ride from one place to the next to drink another beer. Doesn't really make any sense to me.:blush:

Why is it that at most "Harley" events, there is alot more drinking than if you go to a sport bike event? It just seems like the Harley crowd ride from one place to the next to drink another beer. Doesn't really make any sense to me.:blush:
Because a Harley guy or gal does not purchase a bike to ride, they buy one to use to socialize
all_coholic.gif
! Harleys are cruisers (and as such are not very good for anything else but poising
muscle.gif
) an the type of person who buys one, generally cruises from one bar to another or from one restaurant w/bar to another. Then when they get together for a cruise, it's usually a 25 to 50 mile cruise fest to a Beer Bash  
beerchug.gif
!

Well, that's my take and experience anyway  
coffee.gif

Back