Why Do this?

FAKK2

Registered

Why lower front or rear?

Why lower front and raise rear?

Why raise front and rear?

Why raise front and lower rear?

I am interested in best stable ride for ROAD/TRACK?

And how much Lower front or rear by or raise front or rear by? and why?

And raise and lower by how much?

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107875862 -->

Inquiring minds want to know......... I am interested in raising the rear of mine. supposed to make it turn in better. Afraid It will lose it's high speed straight line stability. I am fortunate to have frequent opportunities for long top end runs. I'll be watchin' here too, lookin' for answers.

Lower front and rear for the drag strip
raise rear for quicker turning
lower front for quicker turning.
havent heard of rasing both rear and front

You mean like the ones used in torque that automaticly convert back to street config?

Page down in this post & check out the side of his fairing. That's one good reason to raise both!
wink.gif

I ordered and just recieved a set of SV650 rear suspension links that should raise the rear about 3/4". I'll put them on this weekend and relay the results. Also, I bought a 42T rear sprocket. Anyone know how much speedo error I'll see?

I have actually raised the rear of mine recently an inch or so. As posted earlier, raising the rear/lowering the front will provided quicker stearing. I do not have any seat time yet on the mod. I hope to get out soon. I made a tire switch when I raised the rear, but the profiles are similar. So I should be able to provide a little feedback once I can get back in the mountains.

Why raise front and rear?

1. Dakar Rally 2005
2. Freestyle Competition with Bigfoot and Gravedigger

I've also heard that if you drop the rear that it would be easier on the wrists. I just dropped the rear two inches this weekend. Not much seat time though. Intend to also drop the front in the very near future.

rock.gif
I still dont get it... If people want the Hayabusa to handle differently than what it does, they should buy a different bike that does handle how it can. Anyway, just my feeling
biggrin.gif

rock.gif
I still dont get it... If people want the Hayabusa to handle differently than what it does, they should buy a different bike that does handle how it can. Anyway, just my feeling
biggrin.gif
I love riding in the mountains. The Busa is a perfect match for my size, 6'2" and 340. You ever seen 340lbs on a GSXR1000 or an R1? lol.....

The reason I raised the rear of my bike is simple. I switched to a set of Michelin H2's over the summer. With their race profile, very "V" shaped, I felt the rear was actually lower due to the high point on the front tire and my weight.

To accomplish the raising, I could have either spent $1k or a shock or $25 on a set of links. Needless to say I bought the links.

The majority of busa owners are extremly happy with the way a stock bike handles. When an individual begins to change the settings, tire profiles or is either very light or heavy like me, a change in suspension settings or height will make the bike feel even better in the twisties.

As for the lowering, I complety understand why. For drag racing or street racing, lowering the bike will be very effective in the launch.

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Want to have our cake & eat it too. Extreme top end, smoothness & comfort, but with handling like a late-model 1K. While it's not likely a street Busa will ever be as nimble as a lighter sport bike, some of these people are looking to quicken up it's turn in ability. Others are just looking to improve it's appearance or make it more comfortable for themselves by dropping it, and yet others are trying to improve it's ability to launch at the strip. Busa is a fine machine as delivered, but to each his own-there's always room for improvement.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108047865 -->

To accomplish the raising, I could have either spent $1k or a shock or $25 on a set of links. Needless to say I bought the links.
Vman- did you use SV650 links? If so do you guys keep a set of these around? Can I get them from you guys for $25 or so? Does it change straight line, top end stability adversely? Sorry for all the questions, but I am really interested in raising the rear of mine.

Vman- did you use SV650 links? If so do you guys keep a set of these around? Can I get them from you guys for $25 or so? Does it change straight line, top end stability adversely? Sorry for all the questions, but I am really interested in raising the rear of mine.
I actually got mine from Ebay. Here is a link to the auction I won.

I have not been able to ride any good roads yet with the links installed. Just cruising after I installed them, I did notice amuch quicker turn in. I cant wait till Spring......

Back