Why Are Some people such bastards.....

Wow.. So The girl i have been seeing for a while now decided to move into my place or what not she Lived in wildwood new jersey and im in the philadelphia area. So her babys father is being a major jerk off. Well They have joint custoday my girl has the baby who is 1 years old from sunday morning 7 Am until thursday evening 7 pm she is the primary custodial parent but they have joint custody. Well she has been staying here with me for a while now and not at her parents where she was staying since leaving her babys father they have been apart for a while. She never has missed dropping off or picking up there son to the father never trying to keep the baby from him ever , he finds out shes been staying at my place in philly and he goes to the court and says shes taking the baby out of state without his permission so now temp she had to go back to jersey on her parenting days the judge told her to file A motion to leave the state with the baby which she did she actually found employment out here which she was supposed to start working for April 1st. She had the company write a letter stating that they will be employing her etc. Ive talked to a few people about it and some are saying that it shouldnt be a problem with the judge granting the Motion to move out of state since it is not more then 80 miles from the father and the move is to start a new job. Thoughts please because the dude is doing it just to be a jerk off.

I went throught the same scenario about 8 yrs ago,got divorced,she moved to Nj with my 2 kids,my attorney said I oculd stop it if I wanted to for 2 reason,
1,she cant take them out of state
2.she cant move them more then 50mi away without permission

I dont like my ex-wife but I love my kids,i felt it was a good move for them so I didnt say a word and make the drive (56mi each way( every fri and sunday) as long as they are happy Im happy.

so,he does have every right,I dont know his relationship with his child but dont assume he is just being a j/o.it is a majot PIA driving all over for soccer games,football,basketball,school plays...etc

goodluck

Tito,

Youre going down a long and hard road my friend..but I think you're heading ina good direction, firstly I commend you for taking on an instant family. Be carefull though. With all that can be said is this, theres a time to be amiccable and a time to not...if these steps she has made to "help" make it easier for the dad seem to inconvenince HER and the BABY then something needs to change bro, Im with you on that.

BUT, you have to keep a keen eye on what SHE will do and NOT do, frankly put, if shes not willing to make it too uncomfortable for him but she is ready willing and able to make it hard for YOU...then that should tell you something bro....this is an issue I know about, call me if you want to talk bro...I will PM you my number

This statement goes along the lines of what I would recommend. You are taking on alot of baggage in this situation. If she is unwilling to go full cut throat against the loser, you are the one who will take the brunt of the stress. You seem like someone who is willing to tolerate a lot of crap in the name of love. Good luck to you and be careful to not get taken advantage of.

i say the following with all due respect....!

1. Is this really something you want to deal with?
this baby daddy BS will not stop. he will not suddenly see the light. he will probably not get off the drugs, and will always be a prick. eventually, if it has not happened already...you will be paying to fight this guy in court.

2. your girl picked this loser. so being the rebound guy after the loser is a bit risky. i would hate for you to get so invested, then her to cheat or get tired of you because you are "the nice,responsable man".

I've got to ask: What are your intentions with this woman?

- That man, like it or not, is the child's father; and you will have to deal with that until the child is an adult, minimum.
- Are you ready to be this child's surrogate dad, and accept those responsibilities?

Whether you like it or not, if you accept the woman, you must also accept responsibilty for the child - you can NOT be an 'uninteresed party'. If you are not prepared to be this child's surrogate dad (and act like a dad), you need to think long and hard. Understand that the dad, as big a bum as he might be, is incensed that his child is living in the house of another guy; given how much sexual abuse goes on in this manner, put yourself in his shoes - How would you feel if this was your child? If you have a child, you understand this, if you've never had a child, you can't possibly understand.

I've also, for a brief period of time (we reconciled and remarried) been on the losing end of this situation. A majority of the time, the dad is the one who suffers as the mom frequently uses the child as a weapon. The dad needs to get his head out of his a$$ and provide support for the child (NOT the mom). Moving out of state requires a court order for jurisdictional purposes. If the dad won't support the child, then she should ask for modification of the custody order. He should be willing to either meet halfway or swap the taking/picking up (and no matter what, you will eventually be involved with this, so you need to be extra cool). The only innocent is the child; parents need to behave like adult parents and do what they have to do (as distasteful as it is) so that child is not scarred emotionally (any more than they already will be) and permanently from this.

I paid my ass off for my daughter; I had to both go pick her up, AND take her back. It even got so stupid that I had to stand on the street and have my daughter walk to my car in the rain because my ex did not want me on the property (that I paid for). She entertained the idea of moving back home (4 hours one way) and I told her that I'd fight like hell to prevent that unless she was willing to do either the pickup/dropoff trip; I was not going to spend 16 hours of a weekend driving my daughter back and forth. My court order said "no overnight male guests" and "no living with a dude unless they were married" - I was paying enough to demand it. I had to keep my cool when there were several times I really didn't want to, but it paid off. Luckily, my wife reconsidered, and with a LOT of counseling we were able to reconcile.

I also, as a younger man, dated a woman with a small child (a little girl). I never got in the Dad's way. I sympathized with the tragedy of it. I really cared for the woman, but they lived 4 hours away, and she could not leave the state either. Eventually that led her to amicably break the relationship. I still remember her little girl; she was the sweetest thing and I was crazy about her (but having not been a dad yet, I can not compare the feeling I had for her vs. my feelings for my own daughter). I always wonder how she's doing or if she'd remember me....causes a pause....

Last edited:
I've got to ask: What are your intentions with this woman?

- That man, like it or not, is the child's father; and you will have to deal with that until the child is an adult, minimum.
- Are you ready to be this child's surrogate dad, and accept those responsibilities?

Whether you like it or not, if you accept the woman, you must also accept responsibilty for the child - you can NOT be an 'uninteresed party'. If you are not prepared to be this child's surrogate dad (and act like a dad), you need to think long and hard. Understand that the dad, as big a bum as he might be, is incensed that his child is living in the house of another guy; given how much sexual abuse goes on in this manner, put yourself in his shoes - How would you feel if this was your child? If you have a child, you understand this, if you've never had a child, you can't possibly understand.

I've also, for a brief period of time (we reconciled and remarried) been on the losing end of this situation. A majority of the time, the dad is the one who suffers as the mom frequently uses the child as a weapon. The dad needs to get his head out of his a$$ and provide support for the child (NOT the mom). Moving out of state requires a court order for jurisdictional purposes. If the dad won't support the child, then she should ask for modification of the custody order. He should be willing to either meet halfway or swap the taking/picking up (and no matter what, you will eventually be involved with this, so you need to be extra cool). The only innocent is the child; parents need to behave like adult parents and do what they have to do (as distasteful as it is) so that child is not scarred emotionally (any more than they already will be) and permanently from this.

I paid my ass off for my daughter; I had to both go pick her up, AND take her back. It even got so stupid that I had to stand on the street and have my daughter walk to my car in the rain because my ex did not want me on the property (that I paid for). She entertained the idea of moving back home (4 hours one way) and I told her that I'd fight like hell to prevent that unless she was willing to do either the pickup/dropoff trip; I was not going to spend 16 hours of a weekend driving my daughter back and forth. My court order said "no overnight male guests" and "no living with a dude unless they were married" - I was paying enough to demand it. I had to keep my cool when there were several times I really didn't want to, but it paid off. Luckily, my wife reconsidered, and with a LOT of counseling we were able to reconcile.

I also, as a younger man, dated a woman with a small child (a little girl). I never got in the Dad's way. I sympathized with the tragedy of it. I really cared for the woman, but they lived 4 hours away, and she could not leave the state either. Eventually that led her to amicably break the relationship. I still remember her little girl; she was the sweetest thing and I was crazy about her (but having not been a dad yet, I can not compare the feeling I had for her vs. my feelings for my own daughter). I always wonder how she's doing or if she'd remember me....causes a pause....

There is a lot of truth here...you really should follow your heart because it is not an easy road but if you love her and her child then the rewards far out weigh any hardship you will face. I say this from direct experience.

Yup... just as I figured! :moon:

Look here son...awww forget it....Lycan take care of my light work, will ya?

Is this bed you have made worth lying in?
point is that SHE mot not be very healthy if she has had a divorce, a new ex-husband, a kid in under 1 year old and a new live in boyfriend all in the space of a year... sorry but have seen this before and does not look promising is all.. life is tough enough without taking on this kind of headache..

was kind of the point of my first post :)

they were never married. Ive known her from my childhood. I lost contact when she went away to school. Ive known her for quite a while no i have never nor would i foot the bill for any legal litigation in the matter. Her parents have the means to help her and they do.

Good luck to you, the child needs a father figure, especially a little girl. Their psyche is so fragile and you have no idea on how it forms them.

lol somehow it got mixed up it is a little boy i just noticed everyone saying little girl . lol. But either way im not trying to go anywhere . Like i said this is a child hood friend as well that just so happend to turn into something else later down the road which is the case

haha yah racer V hes an unemplyed bastard. And not because of being laid off he quit his job a year ago and has been living with 2 friends let me rephrase Leeching off 2 friends of his. did i mention hes on methadone ? lol. go figure yet he has rights pshhh..

Why you gotta pick on my buddy???

lol somehow it got mixed up it is a little boy i just noticed everyone saying little girl . lol. But either way im not trying to go anywhere . Like i said this is a child hood friend as well that just so happend to turn into something else later down the road which is the case

Little boy?

ahh forget it. boys need to be toughened up. the harder childhood is on him the tougher he will be and willl be able to handle things in the future better.

The sooner he learns to drink his problems away the better he will be able to deal with marriage and his own kids down the road.

Most guys are bitter anyway, might as well startem off early :beerchug:

j/k sorry, couldnt resist

Swap probably my fault, dad's have such a soft spot for their daughters. But that makes your responsibility greater in the long run, as it will fall on you to teach him to be a man that takes care of his S@#% unlike his real dad.

get a new g friend...these problems with the x will continue for 18 years

SRSLY? Yeah, that's prolly a good idea. Let the little boy turn into a deadbeat just like his dad. :banghead:

SHADI, props to ya for stepping up and taking care of the kid when his real dad wouldn't. The path you are heading down is not an easy one.The right thing to do isn't always the most popular thing to do.

nah im not gonna abandon her or the little boy.. I have 2 of my own which i have full custody of . Ive gotten this much time and effort involved to just walk away now. And i do truly care for her and the little boy so.

nah im not gonna abandon her or the little boy.. I have 2 of my own which i have full custody of . Ive gotten this much time and effort involved to just walk away now. And i do truly care for her and the little boy so.

You definately need a break then bro. We need to :beerchug: and :40__s: and ride a little....

Back