who sells HID's on here?

bradbusa

Registered
have an older ballast that i think is starting to kick the bucket on me.

would like to purchase new high and low beam kits, 55watt slim ballast and bulbs. could purchase off ebay but wanna support sponsors and have some sort of warranty. thanks
any idea whether or not the 55 watts will melt headlight assemblies?
brad

No need for 55W it's overkill. DK if any of the sponsors sell kits. Most people here went through DDM Tuning.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

I did both Hi & Lo 6K 35W Super bright and great visibility. Not too much blue.

IMG_0115.jpg

i called ddm to ask about their 55w kits. what i want to know is: will it work? i dont want anything to melt.
also asked the dude on the phone about the adapter for the bulb so it will stay in it's socket without being loose. he didnt seem to know what i was talking about.
what are you guys using to secure your bulbs? the stock h7 bulb has a funky plastic base that the harness plugs into, and it makes the bulb thicker.. HID bulbs dont have this

DDM single 35w motorcycle kit nuff said don't make it complicated man :laugh: The stock clamp will secure the bulb.

i called ddm to ask about their 55w kits. what i want to know is: will it work? i dont want anything to melt.
also asked the dude on the phone about the adapter for the bulb so it will stay in it's socket without being loose. he didnt seem to know what i was talking about.
what are you guys using to secure your bulbs? the stock h7 bulb has a funky plastic base that the harness plugs into, and it makes the bulb thicker.. HID bulbs dont have this

Check out the sticky on HID install. Step by step, very clear and concise, should have all the answers you may have. 55W is OVERKILL. Your bike, do what you will. Good luck with your decision.
I'll show you my set up if you would like...

Last edited:
i took photos to illustrate what im trying to explain.. hopefully the issue i had before isnt an issue anymore.
the first photo is of the factory stock h7 bulb. it has a spacer installed on the back of the halogen bulb, because the socket is deeper than an automotive h7 socket.
the 2nd photo is of an h7 hid bulb.. normal depth. if you install this in the socket on our bikes the bulb will not fit snuggly. it isnt thick enough.
the last photo shows an adapter that fits on the back of the h7 hid bulb to make it as thick as the factory h7 halogen bulb.
when i bought the hid kid for my k3 busa, it was designed for the bike, and it came with a spacer.
on my k8, i had a ballast lying around and i bought an h7 bulb off ebay. since it was for an automotive application it did not come with any spacer so i had to fab something up to get the bulb to fit and i dont want to reuse it.
what i want to make sure of, is that whatever kit i end up purchasing, that it does include the bulb spacer so that the bulb fits correctly in the socket.

IMG_0904.jpg

h7hid.jpg

DSC01698.jpg

Check out the sticky on HID install. Step by step, very clear and concise, should have all the answers you may have. 55W is OVERKILL. Your bike, do what you will. Good luck with your decision.
I'll show you my set up if you would like...

I'd like to see

Send a pm to Gixerhp, John used to sell the kits and he will make sure you get what you need for your bike. Its all plug and play unless you want to add a switch or relay.

DDM sucks!!! 2 weeks for HIDs from china and already having problems with ballest and bulbs.... Also got HIDs from a user on ebay HIDNY and still after after 4yrs in my denali with no problems!!!

Sorry to hear about your problem with ddm. I've had nothing but good luck with mine! I think that if you took a poll of how many people like their ddm hid's on this site the response would be overwhelmingly positive.

Did you try to send them back? I'd order another set as inexpensive as they are.

Better question, are you running a delay timer on the low beam. I've heard people say that the busa's starting procedure with no delay on the ballast will destroy it pretty quick. Just a thought, might not be their product :poke:

Send a pm to Gixerhp, John used to sell the kits and he will make sure you get what you need for your bike. Its all plug and play unless you want to add a switch or relay.

Yup talk to John....have them on 3 of my bikes still goig strong:thumbsup:

Back