Who Rode Today?

I installed five ounces of Sea Foam in the tank anticipating an end to riding. (No not permanently, just for the winter.) I rode a mile to the gas station and filled it up. I have a problem with this procedure. I do not want to carry the can of preservative with me. I do not want the system ingesting a high concentration of it due to an empty tank, and I do not want to fill the tank and then pour the preservative back at home as it will not mix as well. I made my choice to put it in and quickly get to the gas station. Do any of you have these severe psychological problems? Things like this wreck my mind sometimes.

I thought it odd. I started the bike and opened the throttle just slightly to get out of the garage quickly and it stalled. I will chalk it up to a lean idle and that it has to warm up a bit at that temperature (I guess.) The first stall that was not my fault. Always scary!

It was 49°F when I left and 57° on my return, with a bit of wind. My cold fingers kept the ride on the shorter side.
You could put a whole can of seafood in the tank and as long as there's at least a gallon of gas in there you won't hurt anything. I've used extreme amounts in some engines and never an issue.

I use 360 fuel stabilizer in mine and put it in after filling the tank...I let the bike run for a bit or will ride around the block to make sure it gets through the whole system..

I have a fuel filling station in my garage and fill it up to the top before it goes away for the winter....

I suspect I will have a few more rides yet.
An interesting fact most people don't know is sta-bil has a shelf life and a lot of people buy a bottle and keep it for years not realizing it's no longer good. I've had decent luck with sta-bil but when I started using seafoam i never had any of those not wanting to start issues come spring.

Rode out a few miles to get some bbq breakfast tacos from Rudy’s. Called my cousin who lives across the freeway from it and told him to meet me. He never knew they had breakfast tacos…..lol. Lived there for 20 years. He rode back over to my place and worked on his bike some. He’s got a 2010 street glide. Got his radio working right and cleaned up all his chrome. Then I showed him what to use to polish his wheels. Did a one inch spot so it will bug him. Rode out to the auto parts store to get wheel polish after that…..lol

Did a trade-in inspection, 6K km service and test ride of this today...

tempImages1T2e3.jpg

and......
Thoughts?
Impressions?
I like to hear the opinions of guys who've owned and ridden lots of bikes.
This is the second Gen3 I've ridden through work but the first that's been through its break-in period (the first was fresh from the crate). Like the first one, it's insanely soft off idle to 3000rpm or so but then it takes off like a rocket. Very different response to the Gen1s and the Gen2 I've owned, both of which jumped off the line from idle on up. The engine doesn't feel much different (other than the pillowy low-rpm response), maybe a little smoother? Still feels like a real engine though, unlike the too-smooth, turbine-like ZX-14. The ergonomics are friendlier than the earlier Gens, it feels like my '09 did with the Helibars on it. Nice change for this 52 year old, for sure. The gauges are amazing and I'm SO happy that Suzuki kept the analogue-style clocks. Didn't notice the linked braking but maybe that's a good thing? Bike is super stable manoeuvring at low speeds so perhaps that's why? Not that my current '05 isn't.

Downsides? Both the Gen3s that I have ridden had that weird software glitch that prevents the bike from starting properly when warm after being shut off with the kill switch. That's REALLY annoying honestly. I asked the Suzuki Canada rep about the update but he drew a blank on it, having never heard of the issue. I directed him here since apparently there's an update available in the USA. Luckily I read here that a couple of on-offs of the key clears the fault and it's worked for me both times. The ORG for the win!

So in summary, it's still a Hayabusa, just one that's comfier and more friendly down low. I'd love to own one but there are over 20,000 reasons why I can't... and my '05 isn't that far off the mark so what am I really missing out on? I'll grab one in 10 years when they're cheap and plentiful on the used market. ;)

This is the second Gen3 I've ridden through work but the first that's been through its break-in period (the first was fresh from the crate). Like the first one, it's insanely soft off idle to 3000rpm or so but then it takes off like a rocket. Very different response to the Gen1s and the Gen2 I've owned, both of which jumped off the line from idle on up. The engine doesn't feel much different (other than the pillowy low-rpm response), maybe a little smoother? Still feels like a real engine though, unlike the too-smooth, turbine-like ZX-14. The ergonomics are friendlier than the earlier Gens, it feels like my '09 did with the Helibars on it. Nice change for this 52 year old, for sure. The gauges are amazing and I'm SO happy that Suzuki kept the analogue-style clocks. Didn't notice the linked braking but maybe that's a good thing? Bike is super stable manoeuvring at low speeds so perhaps that's why? Not that my current '05 isn't.

Downsides? Both the Gen3s that I have ridden had that weird software glitch that prevents the bike from starting properly when warm after being shut off with the kill switch. That's REALLY annoying honestly. I asked the Suzuki Canada rep about the update but he drew a blank on it, having never heard of the issue. I directed him here since apparently there's an update available in the USA. Luckily I read here that a couple of on-offs of the key clears the fault and it's worked for me both times. The ORG for the win!

So in summary, it's still a Hayabusa, just one that's comfier and more friendly down low. I'd love to own one but there are over 20,000 reasons why I can't... and my '05 isn't that far off the mark so what am I really missing out on? I'll grab one in 10 years when they're cheap and plentiful on the used market. ;)

Cool, thanks for the review

True, and I was gleeful to burn the Cosmoline off of my Hayabusa. I guess I was thinking more of cars. Sit in a new car what are we inhaling? Formaldehyde*&^%$#$%^&???

Somebody light a match! Or sell me the "CH20 Interior Absorption Package & Shine" (CIAPS™) for $199.95.

The new car smell of today isn't as good as the new car smell from a few years ago.
They use different poisons now, lmao

The biggest thing you are missing is the new bike smell !

No doubt it is a more refined motorcycle than the previous generations. Given the amount of advertising Suzuki spends on this particular model it appears they plan on selling a bunch of them.
I bought my 2020 Katana new so I’m good. I just clean the seats of the bikes I buy “previously enjoyed” REALLY well.:p

Back