Who Rode Today?

Finish e ZX11 today is the plan . Brought some good ethanol free fuel with me .
Look what I thought was a thorn is actually a rock :)
Changed oil and filter in Tiger last night.
49 degrees f today, but sunny.
Put wifes mirrors off the 900 onto the 1200 . Much better as the coffin mirrors vibrate at speed but these are clear .

20210206_192639.jpg

20210206_192716.jpg

20210206_192758.jpg

20210207_085833.jpg

20210207_093624.jpg

Been a frustrating 3 weeks with my bike out of action....sent my ECU to be flashed locally and NZ Post has lost the bloody thing grrr.
Anyway my good mate let me ride his 1050 Speedy today so I did 402kms , really like this triple motor its fueling is spot on, its power and torque really suits hills.

View attachment 1632009

View attachment 1632010
Awwww man.... what a pain in the ass.
Have you ordered a new ECU yet?
Obviously NZ Post are gonna pay for a new one?
Aren’t the triples a lovely bike to ride?
As you said, the motors are great, just the right amount of torque and power and handling is great too.

Gotta laugh... my mate has bought 4 new DR 650s , 3 white and 1 black, he’s got a fly fishing adventure tours business where he rents the bikes out and takes the clients out to lakes and rivers for fishing expeditions... guess who’s doing the servicing and repairs?
Yep, yours truly.
It’s gonna be a lot of fun (and work) and I’m looking forward to it!
I have another white one here you can service too. After all, what’s one more........ Lol

BBD3F9A5-20FA-44D1-B347-411B74B955CF.jpeg

Finish e ZX11 today is the plan . Brought some good ethanol free fuel with me .
Look what I thought was a thorn is actually a rock :)
Changed oil and filter in Tiger last night.
49 degrees f today, but sunny.
Put wifes mirrors off the 900 onto the 1200 . Much better as the coffin mirrors vibrate at speed but these are clear .

View attachment 1632066

View attachment 1632067

View attachment 1632068

View attachment 1632069

View attachment 1632070
Lovin that perfectly manicured nail there Bryan lmao!
1612737692255.png

Got in 122 miles today but no pics. Only stopped once. Ever have one of those days when you’re absolutely (in the groove)? Everything feels right, the road, the bike, the weather, just a lil bit cool, and you’re absolutely in the mood! Well, today was on of those days.:D It has been awhile since I’d really honked on it so I headed northwest into the flat lands west of the Park where there are several 8+ mile long uninterrupted two lane straightaways. Almost always empty too. You can find out just how fast you are willing to go out there, and for a real distance too. I didn’t get into a full tuck as I had a small tankbag on so I didn’t try to peg the speedo but I got real close. Really wakes up the senses!:laugh: Stayed in the mood thru the curvy section to get back home too. Kept the revs above 6k most of the time in the lower gears and only used the brakes a couple times. Really felt the adrenaline! Was really really fun! Ever have one of those days?
200.gif

Nice!
That rear rack looks the same as mine . . an Australian made B&B rack B&B DR650 Carry Rack
Looks well set up, what's the deal with the big ol' suzuki OEM can? lighter than stock? I wanna get one of these for my DRZ . . FMF Powercore and header pipe also, the price is putting me off though lol.
View attachment 1632081
I don’t like loud exhausts and the “gixer” take offs with a custom midpipe offer good performance, are more quiet and saves some weight over the stock boat anchor that comes from the factory. Funny you mention FMF. That’s what I removed from mine and have hanging on the wall.

0C0D5817-0F54-4D85-BEB2-86E0C4FC5342.jpeg

I don’t like loud exhausts and the “gixer” take offs with a custom midpipe offer good performance, are more quiet and saves some weight over the stock boat anchor that comes from the factory. Funny you mention FMF. That’s what I removed from mine and have hanging on the wall.

View attachment 1632130
I cannot find a fmf pipe here in nz for love nor money!
I would buy that from you in a heartbeat if you’d consider selling it and boxing it up and freighting it at my expense of course, just PM me if you want to discuss this further.
Here’s hoping. . .

Miguel's bike is a 650 not the 400 .
Yes I realize it's the DR650 Miguel has Bryan, but at this stage after looking for a year for a decent muffler and header, I'm sure I could make it work.
Even a new muffler alone will cost $750 here in NZ, and would take ages to get here from the States. The shipping costs from the US are ridiculous to say the least, and then we pay 15% tax on top so it's the best part of $1000 for a muffler!! Crazy, so I've been looking for a good used muffler or complete exhaust, with SS header pipe, for a good while now, if you or anyone here could help me find one and ship it to me I'll make it worth your while.
Desperation does strange things to a man, and also to a Kiwi.

Back