Who Rode Today?

Huh? Me either.
1590011738785.jpg

I went for a wee ride today and killed a whole generation of bugs...

I will tell you the new PR5s really hook up when they get to temperature....I went through an intersection on the back tire today...something this bike has never done before. I reckon the tire really stuck when I gave it a little throttle...something I've done before but it never wheelied.

Had to get grease for the tractor so took the long way to the store....beautiful morning for a ride...

Whilst out on the back country road I got pulled over by a copper....as a reflex I looked at my speedo and I was doing the speed limit (for once).

The copper gets out of his car and I say "Howdy Kyle" (he used to be one of my troops). When I took my helmet off he said "Sir, how are you?" I said "I'm no longer a 'Sir'. just a civvy now" He said "you'll always be 'Sir' to me.

I said "I know the drill, you were going to ask me where I was coming from and make up a story you had complaints on a bike matching this description right?" He had a big smile on his face and said "yea, something like that..." I said "you really only wanted to check the bike out right?"

He told me he did and he and I had a good half hour chat about life and my bike...he asked me if I wanted to do a radar run and he can have his partner come over to block off part of the back road so I'd be safe..

I said "no friggin' way...you or your partner might be up for promotion and next thing I know, I'd be on the news..."

He laughed but told me he was serious and with that, we parted ways.

Got back home, greased the tractor and the wife put me to work...yay!

I rewired my PASS switch to be my SET/COAST switch for my cruise control. I wired in a second one to be my RESUME/ACCEL. Much easier to access vs the control pad; for me anyway!View attachment 1619443
I did a little better tonight... still not a 'Busa but closer at 1260cc. ;)

View attachment 1619462

Panderolis...awesome use of a useless switch. Some guys wire them uo to a NOs shot.
Stang...perhaps one of THE best pics ever posted to the Org that I have seen in close to 20 yrs.
Hayabuser...what can I say man...you have the means.Git off yer lazy azz and go get another one. Do us proud with a Canadian Gold Edition.
Stand out from the crowd. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Hayabuser...what can I say man...you have the means.Git off yer lazy azz and go get another one. Do us proud with a Canadian Gold Edition.
Stand out from the crowd. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

It's my lazy ass that allows me to sit in front of my computer for hours searching for Busas for sale, otherwise I'd just be out riding one of my other four bikes. :p

Finding a Phat Bus for sale around here is near impossible though, no selection. One new 2020 and a leftover 2019, both in Vancouver, both grey... *yawn*. Also a white 2015 in Vancity that doesn't really appeal either... A couple of overpriced Gen1s but I'm sticking to 2008-up.... unless a minty copper '99 pops up. That'd be sweeeeeet. :drool:

Yeah I'm picky but I can be. It's not like I'm forced to walk until the right one comes along. :firing:

It's my lazy ass that allows me to sit in front of my computer for hours searching for Busas for sale, otherwise I'd just be out riding one of my other four bikes. :p

Finding a Phat Bus for sale around here is near impossible though, no selection. One new 2020 and a leftover 2019, both in Vancouver, both grey... *yawn*. Also a white 2015 in Vancity that doesn't really appeal either... A couple of overpriced Gen1s but I'm sticking to 2008-up.... unless a minty copper '99 pops up. That'd be sweeeeeet. :drool:

Yeah I'm picky but I can be. It's not like I'm forced to walk until the right one comes along. :firing:
Another option...buy a gen II of any flav,just mechanically perfect(I know you) and send it down to Perfection's or similar and do it up custom.Again,I know you,prolly not your thing,but think of the possibilities man. If I had the means....WOW. Whatcha think..

It's just paint man...don't like it...scuff and shoot. Rinse & Repeat.
Rubb...vicariously living thru my Bro...Hayabuser.
O.K. back to my corner to cry,sulk...and be jealous...
Rubb.

Another option...buy a gen II of any flav,just mechanically perfect(I know you) and send it down to Perfection's or similar and do it up custom.Again,I know you,prolly not your thing,but think of the possibilities man. If I had the means....WOW. Whatcha think..View attachment 1619487
It's just paint man...don't like it...scuff and shoot. Rinse & Repeat.
Rubb...vicariously living thru my Bro...Hayabuser.
O.K. back to my corner to cry,sulk...and be jealous...
Rubb.

Yeah, I'm not a custom paint guy so I'm going to stay the course of finding the right one in the right condition.

As for your jealousy, even if I sold all four of my current bikes I couldn't buy what you're riding. :poke::rolleyes:

Got a 130 miles of social distancing today, wasn’t even expecting to ride today but the wife’s plans got cancelled lucky me. Left home under a big rain cloud, about 10 miles later a light drizzle-sprinkle began but I knew I’d ride through it in another few miles. Been raining the past few days so I knew what to expect on the secondary roads so I only used them as shortcuts as necessary. Filled up then next stop was at the park to watch the horses jump. Then rode over to the Lake and hit the ice cream shop. Saw a black snake crossing the road which always freaks out the wife and plenty of wild turkeys no deer today though. A few pics excuse the bike it’s filthy from the rain and all the crap on the road.

574D665C-4C00-4B08-A43A-FF8B47D547D7.jpeg

73DB1B1D-64BD-41BD-80A0-2E2118E775B9.jpeg

5FE16AA6-FA28-45CF-81B4-F5E8189A6DC3.jpeg

322622E5-DDA2-4B6B-B463-C5C1282CA6F3.jpeg

E17947DA-B084-49FB-95C5-8A6968CA072F.jpeg

9F0FDABD-0B5E-41EB-ACD3-AC47EDDFE6B7.jpeg

550C7CF7-4096-4F49-B98E-BB24CFA45A5F.jpeg

63FC193D-4FA6-4764-9DA4-0D0930B9E07E.jpeg

Back