Who makes the best swingarm extentions

Top of the line would be McINTOSH and DME but be prepared to pay for them,with all the bells and whistles(McINTOSH Alumipro for example)go for around $1500+.Depending on your needs you can still get a quality street arm(McINTOSH and DME again just for reference)for a ballpark of around $900 or so without all of the options of the Alumipro,just depends on your wallet.

Top of the line would be McINTOSH and DME but be prepared to pay for them,with all the bells and whistles(McINTOSH Alumipro for example)go for around $1500+.Depending on your needs you can still get a quality street arm(McINTOSH and DME again just for reference)for a ballpark of around $900 or so without all of the options of the Alumipro,just depends on your wallet.

Nooooo,he means the cheap swingarm bolt-on extensions not a complete arm.

Sorry ninesclub cant help you with your question...Ive never trusted those things.

Will have a set for sale soon. Exoticcycles.com 2-7". Not because they dont work, they seem to work fine. Just not long enough.

Disregard.:laugh:

Try none......

Why buy extensions when there are plenty of trusted name brand swing arm companies out there? I've seen too many photos of inferior cheap Chinese metal used. I'd buy a used extended swingarm any day of the week vs a brand new extensions. Is your life or bike worth saving a couple hundred bucks???

I think whether they are a "safe" option is relative to the quality of the extensions and the needs and expectations. If you arent a drag racer, buy a set of good americana extensions, properly install them, recheck torque occasionally you should be fine. Mine held up to a good bit of abuse with zero visible signs of stress. I never felt great about having them on there over a full swing arm and feel much safer now but with that said, its your bike, your choice, your life. In the end you have to answer for your choices so make wise ones that fit your needs and expectations.

I have seen a few online but I know there is a board member who sells them

Can't help you, but glad your looking for quality made ones. Like stated before watch out for cheap ones. The metal they made with is garbage. Last thing anyone wants is to have them break due to the power a Busa puts out. I'd start hitting up some vendors here and see what they have to offer. Many(if not all) will give their knowledge along with their products. Not all vendors read the boards like they use to, so hit them up.

If you can wait a few days, I will sell you my exotic cycle 2-7" for $100. Less than 3 months old, look great. Only 2 passes down the tarmac. With brake hanger.

Honestly, I could throw in a decent (not great) chain too for an extra $50 that was set at 4". Dont be afraid of those extensions. I am making 230 rwhp and done nearly vertical wheelstand launches on them, recovered and finished passes and didnt die. I check the torque on them every month. I am completely comfortable with them, they simply do not go far back enough for me. Im going 10" back.

Im about to post some nice 3-9" extensions on the for sale board soon along with a whole mess of other OEM stuff like mirrors which I have noticed are a hot item lately, stock chain with only a few hundred miles, a PCV, and some other stuff

Back