Who is going to win this 1/4mi drag race?

Quarter or dyno, I have a hard time believing after seeing the Pic someone would spend that much building a mill to take that kind of n2o hit and slap some cheap ass bolt on extensions on it

BigBadDodge said:
Quarter or dyno, I have a hard time believing after seeing the Pic someone would spend that much building a mill to take that kind of n2o hit and slap some cheap ass bolt on extensions on it

It depends on who had it built. The guy could have been the one you always see in a beater shorts and flip flops.

It depends on who had it built. The guy could have been the one you always see in a beater shorts and flip flops.

LOL!

Keep in mind guys... I only posted "reported" horsepowers. I have no proof. Actually that's why I posted the thread "is 270 horsepower possible".
The photos BigBadDodge is referring to are in that thread...which should be on the 2nd or 3rd page by now.

At the same time, the HP numbers on the bike I am buying are also unknown. It is supposed to have dyno'd at 350 on C16, but I'm having that lowered. I won't know until I get it on a dyno in Houston, but I think 250 is a good guess on pump.

I think the 270 number is suspect.... which might help me in this race that all three of us are looking forward to when I get back.
My big friend is now down to 290...I asked him last night... not getting to the gym these days. Weird when 6 months off gym loses 40lbs of muscle...kinda scary really.

His bike is fast though. It walks (actually runs) away from my Z1000 (136hp?) with zero trouble even with a much heavier guy on it. No NOS through the bike since he's had it (empty), but he's getting some.
Apparently it is set up so that the NOS starts coming on at 7500 RPM... anyway it's throttle controlled, not a button.

...and don't worry, I'll keep everyone updated and videotape the whole thing for ya!

Edited to include photo of bike and rider listed as "Rider 1"

Sean

ok so here goes, the bike is a 2006 gsxr makes like 162 hp and if a dry system on the bike is around 210hp when spraying. I would check the kit specs before i go throwing nos on it. I have to say if he just riding around on pump gas it's likely a stock motor.

Just my exp. with NOS and 1/8th mile...

My 750 was awesome for the 1st half of the track..why you ask well I didn't have to worry about spinning, lifting, or anything (6-7" stretch lowered 3" shinko radial 10psi of air) and when I needed more power I could hit the go button. This made it really easy to off the line and pointed down the track and then :bam: more go. I suspect the 270 is "optimistic" but knowing you don't have a ton of seat time puts you in the hot seat, blow in the start and you'll spend the rest of the track hoping to reel him in. The boss might surprise you both...well if he can get the power to the ground.

The boss might surprise you both...well if he can get the power to the ground.

Yeah... that's the thing, and this guy is a total gear head and probably has some tricks up his sleeve. One of the local hero racer types and was glad to accept the race even though I'm quite sure he's aware of the capability of our Suzuki's at the track.

That's why I posted this thread... I really felt it could be interesting for everyone!

Sean

If I learned anything in the few years I was drag racing it was this "the bit between the seat and handlebars are the most important of all" :whistle:

For sure post a video if you can, if I was closer I'd go watch in person.

Back