Who is going to win this 1/4mi drag race?

Audiomaker

Registered
Before I lose any money....

Rider 1
330lbs
09 GSXR 1000 Built motor @270hp via NOS
8" stretch
Air shift
Experienced rider, novice drag racer (but will practice launching before race)

Rider 2 (me)
230lbs
02 Busa @ 250hp via Turbo
Stock swing arm

Rider 3
250lbs
Boss Hoss 502 @ 500hp... motorcycle tires.
Experienced rider, experienced oval racer, experienced drag racer at amateur level.

:race: :dunno:

you could have your hands full against the gsxr with the stretch and airshift "IF"...it's set-up right..and most aren't..so that stretch could just as easily hurt him as help him wether it be breaking lose or pogo effect..check his rear shock...if it's an ohlins with a thick azz coil spring?..chances are?..you could have a problem..but...if that rear shock looks oem'ish?..bet the farm and don't kill yourself launching.

The Boss Hoss?...1/8th mile?...stay far away...1/4 mile?..smoke his azz. :laugh:

I think you'll win. The gixxer 1k has a tad more power, but he is way bigger than you. As to the boss hoss, just watch the video below.

I say it's gonna be a toss up between #1 and #2 until you both learn the launch. Then I think the 1000 will take the win light due to set up. Boss Hoss makes alot of power but can't get it to the ground.

Well I shouldn't say "can't" get it to the ground, it's just very hard to do. I've only ever seen one Boss Hoss at the track though and it looked alot like that video posted above.

100 lbs is a big difference. But the busa weighs more then the 1000.
Hands down easy win for the nitrous stretched 1000.
A turbo busa on a stock swingarm LOL! doesnt matter if he is putting 600hp down ya can only apply so much hp to the track with a SWB

100 lbs is a big difference. But the busa weighs more then the 1000.
Hands down easy win for the nitrous stretched 1000.
A turbo busa on a stock swingarm LOL! doesnt matter if he is putting 600hp down ya can only apply so much hp to the track with a SWB

Good point - might change my vote to the 1k. Gonna be close though. The Boss Hoss isn't going to be able to do anything on m/c tires lol

Wait, 270hp? How big is the shot on that 1000? If it's too big it will be too much of a hit and he wont be able to spray until the top of 2nd or 3rd without spinning his tire and the Bus should be able to utilize a good portion of the power off the line and all or most of it in 2nd. Really it's all in the riders.

The first one will be the winner.... Was this a trick question?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Not a trick question.. 3 real people, 3 real bikes. All friends and there is a local drag strip so I'm sure it's coming soon.

I thought it would be an interesting race because of all the factors involved... not a "Busa vs XXXX?" post.

Sean

Before I lose any money....

Rider 1
330lbs
09 GSXR 1000 Built motor @270hp via NOS
8" stretch
Air shift

Rider 2 (me)
230lbs
02 Busa @ 250hp via Turbo
Stock swing arm

Rider 3
250lbs
Boss Hoss 502 @ 500hp... motorcycle tires.
Experienced rider, experienced oval racer, experienced drag racer at amateur level.

:race: :dunno:
That would be a fun race to watch fer sure :laugh: I think you would win if you had an extended arm on the busa and lowered+a good launch. The Boss Hoss is better for roll ons that 1/4 mile. I've watched several vids of Bosses racing various sportbikes in the quarter.......can't hook up well enough for serious forward momentum. You would be playing unicycle for the first half with stock arm.........so I'd go with the 1000 on juice for the win.

The one that crosses the finish line first silly rabbit, or does so without breaking out if you're into that :whistle:

Back